Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorai Batteries

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    or if there was a LiFePO that more closely matched the original battery's dimensions, that choice could have gone the other way.
    Some of the companies are now manufacturing LiFePo batteries with 'full sized' cases. I have one in my Buell. My BMW does have a small case unit and that took a bit of consideration to figure out a satisfactory mounting system. For the BMW the change netted a weight savings of 12 lbs.

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    Good to know. I'm due for a battery and Shiraz is high on the list!
    Seems like your autocorrect has gotten into the Shiraz already.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    The Shorai I have for my Versys is close to the same size as the original. I have some adhesive foam on the inside of the battery box to take up the excess space. It fits very snuggly.

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Things that I like about the lifepo batteries are that I never need to worry about their fluid level (an issue in the Phoenix area), that their performance goes up when it is hot (we have a lot of hot here), that their cranking power goes up a bit after the first revoluation (both Shorai equipped bikes are twins), and that the batteries are lightweight (saving a couple of pounds on my R6 is not a big deal to me, but taking 12 lbs off of the BMW produced a notable change).

I don't like that the batteries cost double what a high quality lead acid would cost and that I have to remember to disconnect my battery charger (the BMW sits a lot) because I do not have a lithium specific charger.