Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big guy beginner looking for advice.

RiderCoach 5000 Posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal LabRat View Post
    KLX650, BMWF700GS, BMWF650 Dakar and the like are mid-sized engines with taller ergos
    *KLR650, not X

All these people are suggesting dual sport bikes.... but do you want a DS bike, Gracin?

Lol yea I just noticed the suggestions were Dual sport, my fault I never said what I was after. Honestly I'm looking for a cruiser, something to ride on nice weekends and to work on occasion.

RiderCoach 5000 Posts!
    I'm not up to date on all my cruisers. I think the Shadows tend to have more leg room with forward controls and come in a variety of sizes.

Gracin~ Don't be in a rush to get a bike now.

Again, let's get your training started. (Notice I said "started?")

Dual sports were recommended to you as that is the style you're most familiar with. (Riding dirtbikes to dual sport is a natural progression. Relatively lighter weight, wide bars, pegs under you, engine config.) But the weight is up high do to long travel suspension. Since you're 6'2", you have little problem tip toeing once you get onboard.
    Don't let the shiny new bikes sway you away from your task at hand. And that task is to learn as much as you can by training and then gaining practical experience. You don't need a shiny new bike do accomplish this task. [Yodasvoice]Go forth a learn you will, Gracin! [/Yodasvoice]
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.