Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 MotoGP ...

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Completely different kind of fun while engaged in a nearly identical activity.

At least on track days I can pretend the only person I am competing against is myself. Of course if there is another old guy on an SV ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    At track days, if I find myself coming up behind an idiot, I don't HAVE to try to pass them.
    I really enjoy not being run into.

One of my favorite trackday things to do is get in behind someone who is turning lap times a little faster on a similar bike and try to figure out what they are doing better than me. Then once I've got it figured out ... to pass them and then use what I've learned to stay ahead of them. It's almost a game with fellow SV650 riders and I find they do it back to me ... and everyone takes it well ... Mebbe I'll go back to riding the SV instead of the gixxer 750 ...

Keith Code makes a point that the best way to learn new stuff on the track (and maybe it applies off) is to ride at 75%. That leaves plenty of mental and physical capability room to incorporate new things. If you ride at 100% ... you are so task saturated that there is no room for anything new. (I think it was Kevin Schwantz who said he could only ride at 100% for 3 or 4 laps in a race ... )

I do find myself more and more willing to pull into the pit in lane and get flagged back onto the track than to try to pass a clump of slower riders or someone who is riding erratically ...

I have to add that doing track days and mock races has given me an appreciation for how incredibly good riders in all levels of MotoGP are ...

RiderCoach 3000 Posts! Prof._HH's Avatar
    I'm sure Trials will show up soon, to tell me I'm wrong, but we all had a freakin' blast at COTA.

Great track, great friends, made a couple new friends. Can't wait to go back next year.
    My boss said to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.

Now, I'm waiting for my meeting with H.R. about my blue tights and cape.
    FML

Quote Originally Posted by Prof._HH View Post
    I'm sure Trials will show up soon, to tell me I'm wrong, but we all had a freakin' blast at COTA.

Great track, great friends, made a couple new friends. Can't wait to go back next year.
    I'll do it for him. Your wrong ... you needed me there ... then it would have been poifeck ! Three weeks ago we were in San Antonio ... I coulda pretended I was too sick to drive home ... didn't think of it 'til too late ...

Y'all looked like you were having fun on Faceplate ...

Still jealous ...

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    I think it would be a dandy venue for a BBO gathering next year. When is a good time to get tickets?
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal LabRat View Post
    I think it would be a dandy venue for a BBO gathering next year. When is a good time to get tickets?
    Excellent idea Teri! We had an awesome time. The 12+ hours in the van to get there and back wasn't too bad either....
    We definitely should try to get a bigger group together next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Event: 2018 Deal@DealsGap
    When: Oct. 5 - 8
    Where: Tellico Plains, TN

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal LabRat View Post
    OOOhhh!! Yes!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

With 4 races behind us after Jerez, this is shaping up to be a very interesting season with only 10 points separating the top four riders in MotoGP. The leader hasn't won a race and the guy whose won the most races is in 2nd narrowly leading last year's champion ... and a rookie on a non factory bike is in 6th ... !

The clearly dominant rider in Moto2 crashed out and the guy who probably leads in crashes ... won ...

Moto3 was a knife fight in a phone booth right into the last corner ...

Two weeks 'til LeMans ...

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    I have not watched Moto 2 yet. Moto GP was mildly disappointing. If not for Zarco, I probably would have fallen asleep. Then there's Moto 3!