Thread: Scooter Leg Bite

Scooter Leg Bite

I ride both a motorcycle and a scooter. Sometimes, when starting the scooter from a stop, and also turning, the floorboard will clip the side of my shin. Luckily I have good boots, so it doesn't do much damage. Do other motorcycle riders get Scooter Bite too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    I do not understand what you mean. But on my Versys 650, the pegs are right where I put my feet down when I stop and I sometimes bump my legs against them when I stop and start.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are you dragging your feet when starting from a stop? Try to get comfortable quickly picking up your feet and onto the peg/footboard. If it does not happen on the motorcycle but only on the scooter, it might have to do with the scooter being wider than what you're used to on the moto; in which case use a wider stance when stopped.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Well, sounds like "it's just me."

This usually happens when I'm maneuvering in a tight parking spot (like the "motorcycles only" spot at work, which is two parking spots big, but often holds a handful of bikes, including a Connie and a K-bike fitted-out like RVs). You still need to "walk" the bike, until you're free of obstacles, when you can give it enough gas to pull your feet up. When I'm walking the bike and turn sharply, then that's when the floorboard dings my leg. I think I'm just used to being able to keep feet closer to the bike, on a MC.

You think I'd have learned by about the 3rd time or so.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ahh. I see. Short inseam problem.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."