Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Electric Bike I'm Actually Excited About...

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries

An Electric Bike I'm Actually Excited About...

https://sinecycles.com/

It's a one-off custom utilizing a Cleveland Cycle Works frame and Zero drive train, but I could go for this...

Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Cool looking bike. I could see myself on that.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But. but.. .where are the loud pipes? (Baseball cards in the spokes?)
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    That's a really, really good lookin' bike!

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    Electric hardtail. In my book this is even more stupid than Harley springer, not to mention uglier. The form here does not follow the function, it beats it with a kudgel and then chokes it to death with filthy underwear.
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

For heaven's sake, libberpolly, tells us what you really think ...

I rode a Zero when I was out West this year and it would be a great commuter bike.

I also rode a hardtail xs650 last year out West .... no thanks to any more of that ... The guy who owned it really loved it but I noticed he didn't"t go on the longer rides ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Quote Originally Posted by liberpolly View Post
    Electric hardtail. In my book this is even more stupid than Harley springer, not to mention uglier. The form here does not follow the function, it beats it with a kudgel and then chokes it to death with filthy underwear.
    That is a good point. I like things that look like what they are.

We have fake shutters on our house. They are not even good fakes. They are not the right size to cover the windows if they were real. I think they are stupid. They are wood and were starting to rot so when we had the house painted we had them all removed. Now the windows look naked. So we are having new fake shutter made and put up. And they will not be the right size. Since big stupid fake shutters look even worse than small stupid fake shutters.

Reminds me of decorative plates that are so ornate you cannot even eat off them.

And how did living rooms become rooms that you decorate but never use and everybody hangs out in the family room? What's up with that? Aren't you supposed to "live" in the "living" room?

But it is still a cool looking bike.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With the pathetic range of electric vehicles, rear suspension really isn't a big deal. By design their short ranges restrict them to bar hopper rides anyways.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    With the pathetic range of electric vehicles, rear suspension really isn't a big deal. By design their short ranges restrict them to bar hopper rides anyways.
    Realistically, might be perfect for me. I do not do the bar hopping thing. But I mostly ride around town. A few miles here and there. I would like to do some longer rides. I have considered a few, but it just has not worked out so far.

Maybe something like this would be perfect for me for most of my riding.

The Zero motorcycle has it's place. Unfortunately, they are pricey, but they have "gov't incentives" to help reduce the cost. They aren't significantly lighter than gasoline powered counterparts either. The batteries are quite heavy. Some do have "city" ranges over 200 miles tho. (With a 95% recharge time of 10.5 hours.) They DO have admirable performance. Battery "life" is in the "hundreds of thousands of miles" league. I'd like to try one as some have 116ftlbs of torque.
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.