Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Indian's back on the flat track ...

Flirting With The Redline DUISparky's Avatar
    I just stop for gas and people wander over to talk about the bike - whichever one I happen to be riding at that time.

I don't have to do anything to promote them - they attract people and make them want to talk about them.

I've had two instances so far on the Scout where - while riding at about 45 MPH down a 4 lane avenue - people have had conversations with me about the bike shouting out their windows while I shout answers back at them.

I've never had that happen while riding a V-Star or a Harley or a Kawasaki or a Honda, and I've ridden those for many more years than I've been riding the Scout.

The bikes seem to speak for themselves.
    2015 Indian Scout First Run #500
    2016 Indian Chief Vintage

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! AlwaysLearnin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUISparky View Post
    I just stop for gas and people wander over to talk about the bike - whichever one I happen to be riding at that time.

I don't have to do anything to promote them - they attract people and make them want to talk about them.

I've had two instances so far on the Scout where - while riding at about 45 MPH down a 4 lane avenue - people have had conversations with me about the bike shouting out their windows while I shout answers back at them.

I've never had that happen while riding a V-Star or a Harley or a Kawasaki or a Honda, and I've ridden those for many more years than I've been riding the Scout.

The bikes seem to speak for themselves.
    They have a distinctive retro design that harkens back to the old Indian styling. I think that draws more attention than the modern styling on everyone else's new bikes. It's like old cars, they're impossible NOT to notice because there's just nothing else out there that looks like them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezbert View Post
    * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
    -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
    -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Well, this year looks even worse than last year for the competition. With upwards of 11 Privateer Indian FTRs having joined the fun, it seems difficult for any other manufacturer to break into the top ten lately. 8 races in, 8 Indian wins, 2 near sweeps of the top 10 (8 of 10/9 of 10, not to mention a couple of 7 of 10s), Mees sitting on top ... (shocking!) ... HD and the Imports really need to step up their product and their game to challenge the dominance of the FTR.

Uhhhhmmmmm yeah. Complete domination on the flat track again. I think one race so far (with one race left in the season) was won by a bike that wasn't an FTR750 this year.