Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Threads that should be articles

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    About ten minutes after I wrote that, I realized steel wool particles in the air intake are probably a Bad Thing.

I have the service manual for the 500X, which is nearly the same thing as the 500R. I'll see what it says when I get home this afternoon. Have to open mine up to clean the air filter anyway.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    About ten minutes after I wrote that, I realized steel wool particles in the air intake are probably a Bad Thing.

I have the service manual for the 500X, which is nearly the same thing as the 500R. I'll see what it says when I get home this afternoon. Have to open mine up to clean the air filter anyway.
    depends on the steel wool, the stuff that is intended for wood furniture refinishing does not contain any loose material to speak of.

Spring is in the air today Sun should make it nice enough to work outside in a snowbank. Might as well work on the bikes, the snow riding conditions here really suck at the moment and the roads are too heavy with salt to take the nice bikes out and destroy them.

Contributor We've stopped counting... Bugguts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    I think I found a great topic for an article: Mouse proofing your motorcycle

For those who don't immediately recognize it, that right there is a perfect combination air intake mouse house.
    I once had a tractor burst into flames as I stopped to talk to a neighbor thanks to a mouse nest. And just to reinterate the reason for this thread.....

Quote Originally Posted by Derick View Post
    All - We are dying here, and I'm trying to give things a kick in the ass. I will likely start signing up for link exchanges and may bring in extra manpower to help in gathering more traffic. With that said, I was finally able to make use of all our old articles in the database. I feel dumb because I hadn't dug into it deep enough before to figure it out, but by god I finally got it. And it wasnt that hard.

Anyhow, I'm opening this thread up for you all to drop in your suggestions on what we should promote to an article. That will put things front and center on the home page, and in the article categories for users across the world to browse. If you see someone having written an awesome review or something super interesting or informative, then drop a link in this thread. You dont need to explain it or anything, just the link. The moderators here will check it out and promote it if we agree. Thanks for keeping watch out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.