Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one enters the fray

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another one enters the fray

What with Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Honda duking it out for little bike honors. It was just a matter of time a baby Gixxer joined in.

gixxer.jpg
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex

06 Thruxton 900 "Crumpet" \ 08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper"
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Flirting With The Redline
    Great looking bike if it's for real. Looks a lot like the Ninja. "Little" bikes absolutely offer a legitimate ride. If you all haven't taken a little 300 out and indulged in flogging it without mercy you're missing a great experience. I would never trade in my Monster for exclusively riding a 300 but I'm always amazed at my Ninja rides.

I'm still waiting for that in-line 4 300. That indeed might make me sell the Monster

I'm much more dangerous on my 250 than I am on my 1100, which isn't a good thing. Just and indication of the fun factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    Great looking bike if it's for real. Looks a lot like the Ninja. "Little" bikes absolutely offer a legitimate ride. If you all haven't taken a little 300 out and indulged in flogging it without mercy you're missing a great experience. I would never trade in my Monster for exclusively riding a 300 but I'm always amazed at my Ninja rides.

I'm still waiting for that in-line 4 300. That indeed might make me sell the Monster
    Oh it's real alright, MSRP TBA http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%...8/GSX250R.aspx

As for an I-4 small bore bike, for now you'll have to find an old CB350F but that's a different kind of ride altogether.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex

06 Thruxton 900 "Crumpet" \ 08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper"
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post

Small I-4s never sold well here. Honda's CB 350 and 400 fours sat on dealer floors for long time. I picked up my 400F when it was three years old, the dealer was desperate to unload the machine. Small triples from Suzuki (GT380) and Kawasaki (KH400) were kind of popular because they were cheap, but were not very durable. A Yamaha FZR250 is virtually impossible to find and were nearly as difficult to purchase when they were new. Nearly all FZR 400s ended up at race tracks. That was an outstanding bike, one that I miss. Honda could barely give away the CB-1 400-4. The bikes exist, they just don't sell in the U.S. 400-4s are everywhere in Japan. Even law enforcement uses them.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    New to the North American market, the GSX250 has been available for a couple decades overseas.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    Small I-4s never sold well here. Honda's CB 350 and 400 fours sat on dealer floors for long time. I picked up my 400F when it was three years old, the dealer was desperate to unload the machine. Small triples from Suzuki (GT380) and Kawasaki (KH400) were kind of popular because they were cheap, but were not very durable. A Yamaha FZR250 is virtually impossible to find and were nearly as difficult to purchase when they were new. Nearly all FZR 400s ended up at race tracks. That was an outstanding bike, one that I miss. Honda could barely give away the CB-1 400-4. The bikes exist, they just don't sell in the U.S. 400-4s are everywhere in Japan. Even law enforcement uses them.
    Yea you know guys and as I've mentioned before there is a group of riders that I run into now and again up on Mulholland. They've put together a riding group that has the old 90's CBR250rr's that I don't believe ever sold in the US. One guy was telling me there's up company up in Vancouver that actively imports these bikes when they can find em. Admittedly these are really good riders and can keep the bikes pegged almost all the way through but to see these little bikes roaring and crackling through the canyon is genuinely a thing of beauty. Visually and audibly. The look of the bike still holds up, the analog gauges are classic and those guys always are grinning ear to ear.

That's kinda where I get my barometer for a small 4 cylinder machine. Honda claims they entertained that idea with the new CBR250rr but quickly abandoned the idea with the Euro 4 emmisions monster hanging over their heads. I dunno what these guys have gone through to make these bikes California compliant (probably a bribe) but if I run into these guys again I'm gonna see what all involved

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    GSX250r specs show it very close to 400 pounds, how did they make it so heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    It's the same weight (give or take a pound) as the Ninja and the Ninja never "feels" even remotely heavy. As always the geometry changes how heavy bikes feel. My Monster is roughly 15lbs heavier than the Ninja but that bike feels substantially heavier in slower situations and particularly when the suspension isn't loaded

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    They copied Harley.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com