Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash, RIP

Carving the Corners

Crash, RIP

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-di...orcycle-crash/

saw this on my yahoo feed.

RIP Phillip Polito

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    That's tragic! what can I say :/ ride with a riding partner anytime you can, it might save your life some day.

... reminds me of that 127 hours movie

Flirting With The Redline kf4cln's Avatar
    I dont think he died "Diepenbrock was eventually airlifted to University of Tennessee Medical Center, where he was treated for two punctured lungs, 12 ribs that were broken in 17 spots, two breaks in his spine, and a lot of road rash. Johnson visited him in the hospital, and the two have kept in touch through text messages and Facebook.

After about two weeks, Diepenbrock was released from UT Medical Center to return to his home in Pennsylvania with his wife, Courtney. He will start physical therapy next week, and is expected to make a full recovery."
    You see a man and you think you know him, but you will never know his thoughts, dreams or passion, you will never know whats in his head.
    The mans mind is all his, never to be revealed to any one but himself !

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The rider that recorded the video isn't the one that died.

On October 15th, he had been on a scenic motorcycle ride with his friend, Phillip Polito, through the Great Smoky Mountains. They were cruising on a part of U.S. Highway 129 near the North Carolina-Tennessee border called The Dragon, known for its sharp curves, when Polito suddenly hit his brakes.

The resulting collision sent both men tumbling down a steep hillside. Polito died in the crash.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Flirting With The Redline kf4cln's Avatar
    Sorry, just read the post wrong.
    You see a man and you think you know him, but you will never know his thoughts, dreams or passion, you will never know whats in his head.
    The mans mind is all his, never to be revealed to any one but himself !

OK, I take it back, riding with a partner is pretty useless if you're going to smash into each other and fly off a cliff together.

Quote Originally Posted by kf4cln View Post
    Sorry, just read the post wrong.
    You and I both; watched half the movie, got wrapped up in the media sensationalism and changed the channel before reading between the lines.

In the interest of accident survival they might want to stick a cell tower in the middle of that 11 mile stretch of highway eh!

The "Tail of the dragon" is one of the stupidest roads in the US, and I cant for the life of me figure out why people like it so much. Nothing but sharp curves, big trucks, cars in the wrong lane, and everyone going too fast. Oh yeah, great fun.
    I must be a pirate, because I'm obsessed with booty.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    The curves sound like fun, but the rest of it sounds like nothing I want to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by SH@UN View Post
    The "Tail of the dragon" is one of the stupidest roads in the US, and I cant for the life of me figure out why people like it so much. Nothing but sharp curves, big trucks, cars in the wrong lane, and everyone going too fast. Oh yeah, great fun.
    Easy fixed, prohibit the road from all twin track vehicle traffic and make it one way only problem solved.