Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Motocamping Trip with Daughter, Sept 2016

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    Sketchy internet....and too many negative comments keep me from posting pics here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! shonuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy B View Post
    Sketchy internet....and too many negative comments keep me from posting pics here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Negative comments? From who, people who think the meat they buy in a store was "born" in plastic wrap and styrofoam?
    SHONUFF

What I ride
    '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
    '01 Yamaha YZF600R
    '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
    '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
    '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
    '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
    '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

RiderCoach 5000 Posts!
    Quote Originally Posted by shonuff View Post
    Negative comments? From who, people who think the meat they buy in a store was "born" in plastic wrap and styrofoam?
    You mean it's NOT?!?!?!?!?!

RiderCoach 4000 Posts! AZridered's Avatar
    More likely from those who know the process. That said, we do have a place for everything. There is a 'guns' thread somewhere on here and there's also the Lounge, both places where conversations (and images) which are likely to offend could be posted. I could understand where discussion of hunting would found offensive to someone who has chosen to follow Vegetarian practices. Such things would be pretty easy to avoid, unless they pop up unexpectedly in a "Camping with my kids" thread.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    people who think the meat they buy in a store was "born" in plastic wrap and styrofoam?
    We do not do a lot of hunting, but a little. I started my kids shooting when they were very young 5 or 6 or so. I told them hunting is fine, but we eat what we kill. We do not kill just for the sake of killing. So one day we were out with their air guns and we found a giant spider on a web. We call them Banana Spiders. I do not know what they really are. But they are big and scary looking, but harmless. So one of my boys, I think the older one, takes aim with his air gun and nails it. It was big enough that it was not obliterated. So I said, you know the rule, you have to eat what you kill.... You should have seen the expression on his face when he briefly though I was going to make him eat it....

We have since relaxed the rule a bit for pests. We have feral pigs down here that are a problem. They tear up the ground and compete for food with the deer. And they are not an indigenous species. Lot's of people kill them without eating them. My younger boy killed two. We ate one and donated the other to a feed the poor group. But the one we ate had to go to the butcher and come back wrapped in white butcher paper or my wife was not going to touch it.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! shonuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZridered View Post
    More likely from those who know the process. That said, we do have a place for everything. There is a 'guns' thread somewhere on here and there's also the Lounge, both places where conversations (and images) which are likely to offend could be posted. I could understand where discussion of hunting would found offensive to someone who has chosen to follow Vegetarian practices. Such things would be pretty easy to avoid, unless they pop up unexpectedly in a "Camping with my kids" thread.

I know. But you oughta know by now I'm never going pass up a chance to an @$$ and offend people. I actually had a REALLY good conversation with a fellow BBO'er, who also happens to be vegan, about a week ago. We actually agreed on a LOT of things.

Missy usually does start a specific thread based on the year for people to post hunting pics. I'm sure she may have caught flak from even putting things in her own thread, that was even marked, "don't open if you don't if don't know where meat comes from" (my words, not hers).

My biggest thing is that I don't want to see pictures of people's front porches with bundles of dried cornstalks and stacks of straw bails and pumpkins. The thought of those innocent vegetables and grasses being slaughtered for decoration is absolutely deplorable and offensive.
    SHONUFF

What I ride
    '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
    '01 Yamaha YZF600R
    '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
    '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
    '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
    '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
    '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    I posted in my ongoing hunting thread. Marked 2013 but I've been posting in that one each year since it's already there and marked "don't open" for those that don't care.
    And..there will still be someone who doesn't care that posts, which gets old, so I wasn't going to bother, but....whatever.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

Moderator/RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! Clair's Avatar
    Going back to the original point of this thread .. Missy and Kacie doing motocamping on the Wee ...

Kacie is a required attendee from now on. She provides good comic relief ... plus good early warning. Also, she takes great pics during the ride.

She also gets great credit for spending the many hours she did sans her cell phone ... think about it ... an 18 year old of today NOT surgically connected to their cell phone ...

Finally, she kept Missy in check ... y'all haven't moto camped with Missy ... I have ... I mean, seriously ... wow ... but thankfully Kacie was there to say "Mom, no" ... "Mom, put that down" ... "Mom, put that back on" ... "Mom, stop picking on Clair" ...
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

Getting your kids to do anything that's not 'digital' is amazing!!