Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scooter Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    How about a CT110? Semi-auto trans, kinda step through ....

The MP3 250 and kitted Yamaha Zuma count for sure, though!
    Welcome to the site, Chris!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Welcome,

Looks like a classic retro design. I say Scooter class(y) all the way.

- Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by scooterwolf View Post
    Welcome,

Looks like a classic retro design. I say Scooter class(y) all the way.

- Wolf

Ha! It's not a retro design, it *is* retro! Parts interchange all the back to the original 60's models in most cases. The little Postie is a truly awesome bike, and got the name "postie" from being used by the Australian and New Zealand post offices into the 80's to get mail to rural areas effectively.

I've threatened to take mine to Barber and enter it in the AHRMA trials competition as a stocker this year. She did the parade lap with the VJMC last year, just like the big bikes! Just, ya know, slower!

Looks and sounds like an awesome bike, and good luck with the AHRMA trials. Let us know how it goes.

I've been getting the classic scooter bug lately, especially since a lot of the rallies near me are strictly for classic bikes. I could go, but I'd feel like an outsider looking in. Plus, having a classic model would give me a good reason to just learn more about the mechanics since I could muck around with parts and mods and not have to worry about wrecking my main ride.

- Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by scooterwolf View Post
    Looks and sounds like an awesome bike, and good luck with the AHRMA trials. Let us know how it goes.

I've been getting the classic scooter bug lately, especially since a lot of the rallies near me are strictly for classic bikes. I could go, but I'd feel like an outsider looking in. Plus, having a classic model would give me a good reason to just learn more about the mechanics since I could muck around with parts and mods and not have to worry about wrecking my main ride.

- Wolf
    It's more of an idle threat than a promise! Really, the bike is beautiful (more thanks to good prior owners keeping her in wonderful shape than my wrenching). I'm loathe to take it out and crash it, and in trials I would very likely do that. Lord knows my Sherco has benefited from the tail plastic being held on by cheap (intentionally so), small zip ties rather than bolts more than once!

I'll be there whether competing or not in some form or fashion, though. If you, or anyone here, is heading down, let me know and we'll meet up somewhere. It's a big place, but it's easy enough to find somebody if you don't insist on a minute-tight schedule. If you do, have good beer, I'll be early!

I would strongly advise you to go to the classic rallies if you're interested. As long as you don't put down their bikes, I've found most places are very open to "odd ducks" coming in. I've looped into a small Vespa group riding when I was on my gsxr, and pulled off when they did at a lunch stop and talked to them. I had many times more power than all of their bikes together and my sidi's have scuffed up toe sliders, so I was very much the odd one out. But they were friendly, and we were all just "riders," not any subset that needed to defend or attack the other side.

Going and joining in will give you some connections to that group, and they can help you find a scooter or give information about them before you purchase. You'll also find out if the local group fits you. Sometimes they may have odd folks that you just clash with for reasons that have nothing to do with riding. Learning it now is cheap!

Thanks for the good advice. Looking at the AHRMA there's a trial in Millville, NJ that's not to far from me - 7/15 – Field of Dreams; Millville, NJ – Round 11. The track used to have some scooter races, but not anymore. I've wanted to go out for a while, and this could be a good reason. May not be many scooterist out there, but you never know.

- Wolf

Hittin' The Twisties buzzyclone's Avatar
    Here!
    5040820654_687dc9f9eb_b.jpg

There is something about a smokey reveal of a Honda Elite scooter that made be want one for so long...

The Elite and Helix have such strong followers. I agree there's something really cool and different about their designs.

- Wolf