+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficulty Uploading Picture

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar

Difficulty Uploading Picture

I have not been able to upload a picture recently. I click on the upload picture icon. Try to upload a jpg. Seems to work, but shows a "!" after the picture and will not let me post it. I have saved the picture in the lowest resolution I can. It is a 495 kb file. Is that too big? Is there a way to shrink it more?

Moderator/RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! Clair's Avatar
    A couple of things to look at.

The picture can not be local to your machine, but on a website somewhere with a URL address. So Photobucket or smething similar.

Second, permissions on the photo / link must allow BBO to get to it. So no "private" setting, it must be Public.

Third, make sure you are doing [ img ] https : // www . blahblah . com / mypic . jpg [ / img ] (without all the spaces)
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

Quote Originally Posted by Clair View Post
    A couple of things to look at.

The picture can not be local to your machine, but on a website somewhere with a URL address. So Photobucket or smething similar.

Second, permissions on the photo / link must allow BBO to get to it. So no "private" setting, it must be Public.

Third, make sure you are doing [ img ] https : // www . blahblah . com / mypic . jpg [ / img ] (without all the spaces)
    That explains my problem. I am trying to upload it from my computer. It is interesting that the uploading from my computer is one of the choices but then it does not let you actually do it.

the [ img ] tag requires it to be a URL ... so stick it on a sharing site and it'll work. Remember, a sharing site like Photobucket is always up and accessible, whereas your PC is not. BBO doesn't have the storage ability to have terabytes of data for pics, ya know? So any forum like BBO will always use some kind of reference to a pic somewhere else. That way our storage is only taken up by the text we all type.

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

Quote Originally Posted by Clair View Post
    the [ img ] tag requires it to be a URL ... so stick it on a sharing site and it'll work. Remember, a sharing site like Photobucket is always up and accessible, whereas your PC is not. BBO doesn't have the storage ability to have terabytes of data for pics, ya know? So any forum like BBO will always use some kind of reference to a pic somewhere else. That way our storage is only taken up by the text we all type.
    Got it, thanks.

NP, I'll send you a bill here shortly

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

I will put the check in the mail right away....

+ Reply to Thread