Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MotoGP and WSBK - 2016

Stunning peformance by Lorenzo Baldassari in Moto2. I was like 'Lorenzo who?' It's a name you hear like Maria Herrera ... somewhere in the back regions of a race. (He did finish last season with a flash ... then started this one flat) And then he is fiercely dueling with the likes of Zarco for the win ... It would be nice if this was a break thru race for him. Sam Lowes showed why he is contending for the Moto2 championship and Rins finally woke up when he got placed in the back of the pack. He seemed half asleep most of the weekend ..

Moto3 reminds me of a group knife fight in a dark room. Continued to be impressed with Brad Binder. Looks like the real deal to me.

So much for the new Marc Marquez who has the long view of things. Any doubts of Jorge being unwilling or unable to trade paint should be put to rest. Mebbe Suzuki didn't end up with such a bad deal losing Vinales but gaining Iannone. I think there are several MotoGP riders that need serious work on their starts ... and these 2 come readily to mind here. That and Iannone has got to quit crashing ...
    Last edited by OBX-RIDER; 05-23-2016 at 10:26 AM.
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    #LS39 forever in our hearts.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

RiderCoach We've stopped counting... LoDownSinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    That and Iannone has got to quit succumbing to the red mist ...
    FTFY!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    put the whiffer in the dilly

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    FTFY!!!!!
    Yeah ... his statements that he "did nothing wrong..." are kinda falling on deaf ears with 4 crashes in 7 races two of which also took other top riders out. I thought he was apologizing to Lorenzo but apparently he was asking him why he slowed down so much ...

And it's not like he doesn't have great potential, he does. BUT ... he just seems to be a loose cannon ... I hope Suzuki stocks plenty of spare parts for their MotoGP bikes next year ...

Still ... some great racing ... in all three classes.

Moto 3 and Moto 2 races were exciting. I believe all three classes had 1st time winners.

When it rains, anything can happen as happened in MotoGP.
    Suzie
    '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
    '04 NSR 50
    GWA Member

Quote Originally Posted by spotbeagle View Post
    Moto 3 and Moto 2 races were exciting. I believe all three classes had 1st time winners.

When it rains, anything can happen as happened in MotoGP.
    Edge of my chair in Moto3 ... and Moto2 was also excellent. A bit disappointed about MotoGP ... but plenty of season left.

2 and 3 were edge of the seat stuff alright. Shame the weather messed up MotoGP. It really was weird to see Miller cross the line first. Something we may never see again in our lifetime. Congrats to him. Staying upright was an achievement in itself.

Some extraordinary racing this past weekend in the UK. All three classes were entertaining with the battle for second and third in MotoGP especially dramatic. Lots of paint trading and at least 2 riders claimed to have tire black from opponents tires on their helmet/leathers. No animosity in the premier class with lots of comments about "fun, fair, funny" ... though it looked pretty high risk from my seat ...