Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SMAS '15 BMW r1200GS

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Where did Timmy go, he was standing right behind you, then he just kinda disappeared!

and the best shot...

The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    Awesome! 🤑

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! atonic's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So, did you sell of the other bike or develop capacity issues for the return home?
    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.

Flirting With The Redline Joseph Hanna's Avatar
    Congratulations! I bet you'll find the GS Series has come a long, long way since your 05. If I could just find a way to get a little longer legs I'd join ya!

Quote Originally Posted by atonic View Post
    So, did you sell of the other bike or develop capacity issues for the return home?
    atonic, this is way, way off topic but I gotta ask. Many, many years ago I lived in a little Mayberry community in Ohio. I think it was called Blanchester? If I recall correctly it abutted place called Wilmington. Your Wilmington?

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're from Blanchester!?!?

I used to live on East Fancy Street, where the reservoirs were built...
    Jeff

"Remember when being socially distant was a symptom of a potentially debilitating mental disorder, instead of a government mandate? C'mon, it was just a few weeks ago!"

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    You're from Blanchester!?!?

I used to live on East Fancy Street, where the reservoirs were built...
    Sometimes it's an amazingly small world. I lived on Fancy! Do you know Gil? Not from Blanchester but grew up in Cincinnati. I've been in Los Angeles for many, many years now but not a day passes by I don't think a lot about the area my heart still calls home. My plan has always been by the grace of god to someday make it back home. After decades of mashing my teeth in the hailstorm of Los Angeles a chocolate malt at the Blanchester UDF sounds pretty darn swell!

Have not sold the GS and at first thought I'd keep it a while but that's silly. I got way too many bikes. So ... '05 r1200gs, 28,000 miles w/ bags, heated grips, ABS fer sale. I have to say ... I was seriously underwhelmed with GSs ... until I owned this bike. It is truly the Swiss Army knife of motorcycles. I would not be afraid to head towards the Denali Hwy on this bike.

I'll also be selling the ST1300 when I get home. Great bike also but ... heavy to move around for me when not riding it ... and reality is at 67 I'm unlikely to get stronger. It is the main reason I haven't gotten a newer touring bike ... I would ride stuff but just didn't think the newer bikes were an improvement. Gigi likes riding on my current GS enough that I'm sure she'll like the new one. ( I really like riding 2-up with her ... she is a really positive partner on trips ... more than once when the weather has been horrid and the going tough she'll lean forward and say to me ... "now we are having a real adventure..."

And I got a 2001 KTM LC4 out here with me w/ 3,800 mile on it I'll also sell for around $2,000. I got to sell something or Gigi will have to drive the truck/toy hauler all the way to Manteo by herself while I merrily ride me new WasserBoxer ...
    Last edited by OBX-RIDER; 02-17-2016 at 09:42 AM.
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! atonic's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
    atonic, this is way, way off topic but I gotta ask. Many, many years ago I lived in a little Mayberry community in Ohio. I think it was called Blanchester? If I recall correctly it abutted place called Wilmington. Your Wilmington?
    Yup. Guess it has grown a lot. They rebuilt the IGA and there is a Kroger outside of town to the east.
    The cost of a motorcycle is merely a down payment on farkles.