Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Well, it isn't exactly brain surgery ...

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    So Sparky, I don't know you, but glad to hear you are progressing.

Facing and getting through brain surgery must be quite an experience. Any time they mess with your brain - all kinds of risks. Must have inspired some thoughts.

I wonder what insights you have had as a result of this experience that you could share with the rest of us. Most of us are caught up in our little trials and tribulations that must seem trivial when you have faced death. Any wisdom to share?

Flirting With The Redline DUISparky's Avatar
    Missy, "Yay!" works just fine in these cases. Every morning is a "Yay!' day.

Shadow, isn't that the only way?

Asp, yeah, I've had all three of them out at least twice since February. Life is good and the weather is too!

Sorg, the only insight I can offer is live your life your way. It's too short to live it by anyone elses rules and regs, and it can be over at any time. Something of which I was reminded a couple of weeks ago when the lady ran the red light during our Wednesday blizzard and T-boned my truck.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Sorg67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DUISparky View Post
    live your life your way. It's too short to live it by anyone elses rules and regs
    words to live by

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUISparky View Post
    Shadow, isn't that the only way?
    Yep, push thyself and know thy limits. I pushed myself a little further than I should have last week, what with the Achilles tendon recovery efforts being what they are, but it still felt good getting something accomplished. Not completed, mind you...but accomplished. Small victories are good too.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Ninja Rebel's Avatar
    Only good reads here !
    Sparky, glad you are hanging in there man, my wife's aneurysm is now history, but two "in the brain" op's in less then 1 year.

Life's definitely beautiful when you are healthy, and I wish you only the best !
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Thank you Ninja, and good to hear your lady is doing well also. I still have a lot of numbness in the right front quadrant of my head, so you guys can only call me a "quarter numbskull" now.

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! atomicalex's Avatar
    Tell me about the eye - that sounds so interesting that it is expected to "come back".
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Well, it's really the eyelid. There's not much muscle control over the eyelid muscles right now. I can hold the eyelid open and see just fine, but that takes one hand away from whatever I'm doing. As the numbness fades I can feel slight motion in the eyelid, and if I hold it open and then let go I am able to keep the lid about 1/4 open but still not enough for the eye to be usable right now. Could be months, could be years depending on how much actual damage the neurosurgeon did to the nerves while scraping the tumor off of them.

Contributor We've stopped counting... MsPotatoPotatoHead's Avatar
    Thanks for the updates, R! Glad to hear your recovery is going as well as can be expected. Keep on keepin' on!

And a hug, just for the heck of it.

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! atomicalex's Avatar
    Cool!! So glad the eye is fine. Sounds like progress with the lid, too.
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...