Thread: Back in the Saddle!

Back in the Saddle!

Greetings All,
    I really didn't think my info would still be valid, but it's good to be back. It's been about 8 years since I've been on a bike & it was a Kawa Vulcan 900. This Goldwing is beautiful but it's a lot different than I remember riding to be. I've reacquainted myself with Proficient Motorcycling & about 2 weeks of parking lot practice. I called my local Honda dealer to schedule an appointment for them to due any required maintenance and they told me it had four major recalls outstanding including a frame weld and master cylinder issue. They said don't ride it & they're sending a trailer for it Monday morning. You guys were so much help for me last time I owned a bike, I can't wait to learn from you guys again about my new ride. It's good to be back in the saddle!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributor We've stopped counting... MsPotatoPotatoHead's Avatar

Beautiful Wing - and it's nice to have you back!!

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Ninja Rebel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamilon View Post
    Greetings All,
    I really didn't think my info would still be valid, but it's good to be back. It's been about 8 years since I've been on a bike & it was a Kawa Vulcan 900. This Goldwing is beautiful
    First of all, be welcome back Swamilon !
    Second, uhm...from a Vulcan 900 to a Goldwing after 8 years of not riding, I can understand why you are a bit "rusted".
    Your GW is a very nice bike, not my type since I ride more of a SuperSport, but a nice bike. Never tried one, would love to though, as I am pretty certain they aren't that hard to ride !? A nice bike !

Make sure you do get it services if there are "recalls" indeed, do not wait, but you apparently aren't, good do !
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Kootenanny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
    Your GW is a very nice bike, not my type since I ride more of a SuperSport, but a nice bike. Never tried one, would love to though, as I am pretty certain they aren't that hard to ride !? A nice bike !
    I've ridden several Wings now at demos. Yeah, they're easy riders, well balanced and planted, and the engine is like a turbine. But, they are heavy (what, 800 lb or so?); the people having trouble with them at the demos were the guys trying to hold them up by main strength when stopped. Ya just gotta keep 'em balanced--I found a tripod was best for this.

RiderCoach Wannabe 4000 Posts! Chench53's Avatar
    A big "hey there" from me as well!

Gerry
    Peace ~ Love Ride ~ Then Ride Some More
    '16 Kawasaki Vulcan S 650 with ABS - "ED-2ND" - Special in a new way.
    '05 Yamaha 1100 V* Silverado "Beast, Big Ass Bike" - The name said it all.
    '02 Suzuki 650 Savage - "Special Ed' - A wonderful memory.
    - Gerry -