Thread: MotoAmerica?

MotoAmerica?

Was looking at the V.I.R. web site this evening - one of the nice things about the new home is we're only an hour and a half away. I see a MotoAmerica event in May. Is this the group that now runs the AMA road racing series? I've lost the bubble - who's who in the series now?
    Chaz

"In terms of improving one’s mood and general outlook I consider the ukulele to be the big gun." - Loudon Wainwright III

'16 S1000XR "Raquel" - Red, the "energetic and quick-thinking" color!

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes this was the old AMA series.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Contributor 8000 Posts! LDYAPXR's Avatar
    Being ran by Rainey & Co, which is awesome because finally someone is in place who actually care about the racers, the fans and the series. Sad that we cannot get Sears up to FIM standards but happy that our US riders are getting back on the track. Only wish Tommy was still here to enjoy it.
    Darlene The Goddess

Watched the preseason show. Nicely done. Since the first two rounds have had a delayed tv broadcast, I forgot to set the DVR and missed them. The riders and teams seem to be happy with the direction AMA racing is going now.
    Suzie
    '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
    '04 NSR 50
    GWA Member

I am wishing the new operation every success. Motorcycle racing in this country is barely a shadow of what it was and that is a shame. Fingers point in every direction but the truth is under DMG it damn near died ...

OTOH MotoGp is IMHO, the best it's ever been. Moto 3 gives us the pure cornering skills of the small bikes. Moto 2 the electronic-less pure riding skills, and MotoGP the combination of manufacturer's innovation and the best riders in the world... and a second race among the open class bikes...
    ze
    I enjoyed going to the pre-DMG races and meeting face to face riders like Jake Zemke and legends like Kevin Schwantz and watching the crews work on the bikes ... but for viewing a race it's hard to beat a large screen tv ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.