Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2015

RiderCoach We've stopped counting... LoDownSinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spotbeagle View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Aprilia and Suzuki back in the game.
    At least back at the track and on the scene if not exactly "in the game."
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    put the whiffer in the dilly

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Ninja Rebel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Oh yeah, mixing it up. WSBK is at Laguna and AMA/MotoAmerica is at Miller.
    Did too, over-read, and took Austin for Australia, dumb ! Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by subvetSSN606 View Post
    Don't forget Indy if you're just traveling around! Tom
    In august, the 9th !

I read that there has been changes in the team for Pedrosa, and that he feels already very comfortable with them.
    The changes :

Denis Pazzaglini with whom he already worked in 250 cc, Pedro Calvet who has experience in MotoGP, and Daniel Petzold who comes from Moto2.

LOve the knee :
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    At least back at the track and on the scene if not exactly "in the game."
    Yep. I'm not expecting podium finishes for either team. Just nice to see them in the game.
    Suzie
    '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
    '04 NSR 50
    GWA Member

Quote Originally Posted by spotbeagle View Post
    Yep. I'm not expecting podium finishes for either team. Just nice to see them in the game.
    Don't know about Aprilia, but I do remember Kevin Schwantz and his Suzuki in Hockenheim...seen it ? No ?

Here it is, enjoy it guys (I put the long version because it's TOO good !) Look at Schwantz's back wheel on the last straight, they were at over 300 km/h there (187 mph), the Honda engine was much more powerful, Kevin had to do it with big, big balls !

Was in 1991 :

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

13 February 2015 – Ducati has announced that it will present its new Desmosedici GP15 next week.

The first test of the GP15 prototype was initially scheduled for the first official test of the 2015 season, the post-race session in Valencia, in November. Ducati has already tested a new fairing at Indianapolis last weekend, a slimmer one which will make the bike even more aerodynamic, while also being compliant with the new frame the 2015 bike will have and the smaller new 90-degree V4 engine which is currently being developed.

At Indy, Ducati brought an updated version of their 2014 engine, the one which allowed Andrea Iannone to reach speeds of 360km/h (224 mph) at Mugello earlier this summer. Still, it looks like while the 2015 engine will be even better than the current one, the biggest upgrades will come in the chassis department, as Dall’Igna’s (*) mission is to make the bike steer better.

It is not a secret that all Ducati riders must put up a real fight to compensate for their bikes’ under-steering. Under-steering annihilates all the straight line speed they carry and which make twisty circuits especially difficult for the reds.

(*) : Ducati brought Gigi Dall’Igna over from Aprilia in late 2013, with the task of setting things in order and make whatever necessary changes to restore competitiveness to the MotoGP racing program.

One of the first released picture :

I am not convinced, Ducati has always been strong in SuperBiking, but the MotoGP arena is one that is, in my opinion, owned by the Big Japanese brands.

Marco Melandri might have a great career behind him, the Italian has yet to convince his Aprilia team about his ability to lead the efforts of the team in MotoGP.

Melandri himself is not happy with his current form after completing the tests before Sepang at the end of the pack (in the last ones).
    It is even said backstage that the Italian himself suggested ironically that the Aprilia World Superbike where at a level much less questionable for his talent, than MotoGP...

It's not looking good for neither him nor Aprilia, according to me...to be con'td

Small "parenthesis" to show you that in Superbikes "W-SBK" they are not joking...

Here David Salom (Kawasaki) crash :

He was literally ejected from his bike in turn 11 of the track, and as I saw the video, got really worried about his cervical's - look how bad the roll was !
    He was flown to the nearest hospital, and even though lost consciousness just after falling, is in no critical conditions, but will probably not be allowed to race tomorrow.
    Note : this happened in qualifications, as the boys were trying to find the limits of their bikes on race tires, not qualy tires....

Seamless downshifts for Yamaha also !

Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo got their first taste of Yamaha's new seamless gearbox during the start of the second 2015 MotoGP test, at Sepang on Monday.

The factory riders have been urging Yamaha to match Honda's seamless downshifts ever since receiving a full range of seamless upshifts for the start of last season.

Seamless technology slashes the time taken to switch drive from one gear to the next by engaging both gears simultaneously. While the shorter shifts provide a small increase in performance, riders often cite the main benefit as enhanced stability and therefore consistency.

With Honda's main strength perceived to be braking and corner entry, Rossi and Lorenzo are hoping the new gearbox can help them take on reigning double champion Marc Marquez.

Rossi gave the new gearbox a perfect debut by setting the fastest lap time of the day, a position confirmed by a brief thunderstorm with two hours remaining.

“Everybody in our team was curious about the new gearbox and my first impression was quite positive,” said the Italian. “It's not a huge difference but it's a small help in a critical point where we needed to improve.

“The bike in braking and under braking is a bit better and I think that we have to work to understand the maximum potential but the first test was good and I'm happy to finish in first position".

Contributor We've stopped counting... Bugguts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Rebel View Post
    ....the Honda engine was much more powerful, Kevin had to do it with big, big balls !
    Bet he was hoping he only got a knee down.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Bet he was hoping he only got a knee down.
    HU ?

Three different manufacturers occupy the top spot today at Sepang for the second MotoGP test day of the week. In increasingly heavy heat - the thermometer flirted with the 40° C, it is Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda) that did the best performance in 1'59.844.

What a beauty hey ? (rope-dancers !)

Immersed in the settings of the new bike they got yesterday, the Ducati factory riders have greatly reduced the gap with the leaders. The progresses of Andrea Iannone, in particular, have been impressive. He has gained one full second on his second run and he greatly increased it to 2 seconds improvement - i, his last run : just 0.254s off best time.