+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exceeding quota limit

Exceeding quota limit

Trying to upload pics (for the picture game thread) but I keep getting the error message that the pics exceed my quota limit. This is a relatively new phenomenon. Have been successful in the past. What's wrong? These are small pics - below 1Mb. Any help appreciated.
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big bowl of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    The forum is not really meant to be a picture hosting site so I imagine with the latest pic threads, we may have exceeded an overall forum limit.

That is just my guess. I am sure Derick or Tom will be along to shed some light.

I suggest creating an acct at flickr or photobucket and upload/link from there.

I mostly use my Facebook photos and link to them there.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The attachment limit is relatively small. It also puts some additional load on the system to serve up images. It is best to have a place to host them elsewhere, and link to them.

There are a lot of free services that will host pictures, and even some that allow you to upload directly from your phone.

I'm fortunate to be my own hosting service, so I have 3 different servers and over a dozen domains I can spread things across.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Other people seem to be posting pics without issue....
    "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big bowl of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    I find that I can keep about 3 photos uploaded here at a time.
    2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    If I want to post a pic, I generally have to go in and delete one or more of the others that I have previously posted.
    2009 Kawi Vulcan 500 LTD- Woodrow

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Other people seem to be posting pics without issue....
    I posted all sorts of pics....by linking from somewhere else.
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250

Flirting With The Redline Mrs._DJS's Avatar
    the pics i post are linked through photobucket...no issues with limit by doing this.

Anji

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    It's not easy to post links to pictures hosted on other sites from a phone. If this setting can be easily changed, why not? If it isn't, OK then.
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

Bandwidth/photo storage = $$ , I would bet. Plus, as Jeff daid, it taxes the server. This is a forum owned by one guy that already relies on donations.

Tapatalk made it very easy for me earlier this week to post photos.

+ Reply to Thread