Page 102 of 140 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1392

Thread: IT Geek Speak ... IT Professionals and the like

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! AlwaysLearnin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liberpolly View Post
    What would you actually DO if the message has given you the exact memory location and call stack at the moment of the unrecoverable exception?
    Believe it or not those codes and a Google search can actually be useful sometimes.

In other news, why don't you people would just swallow the bullet and upgrade to W10? You know it's inevitable, would make you safer, and the lives of those who keep you safe easier. What's the source of this irrational, boneheaded, counterproductive resistance?
    As far as this^^^^ goes.....

The following answers it pretty well!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Already have experience trying to get Win10 to cooperate with existing applications. And with trying to get it to cooperate with the network it needs to run on. Neither ended well.......

In all cases, wiping the machine, installing Win7 [fixes it]......
    I've read about people who loved what Win10 is and does. ....
    I definitely don't LOVE Win 10. It's tolerable, but definitley too convoluted and dumbed down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezbert View Post
    * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
    -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
    -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    but still has problems because Windows will (seemingly) randomly decide to consider the executable or one of the DLLs to be a security threat, and delete it.
    Windows NEVER does that. It must be some 3rd party antivirus. The first rule of W10: uninstall all 3rd party antivirus programs.
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
    Believe it or not those codes and a Google search can actually be useful sometimes.
    Nope, don't believe it. They're random.

This is not the case from the past, where other users may have had the similar problem with the same error message. This is the case where some piece of code has done something that it really shouldn't be doing, and so deep down on the system level that there was nothing to stop it from doing harm. In vast majority of cases, it's a driver code, written by overworked and underpaid outsourced programmers in Northern Bumfoockistan with provisional grasp of English language, managed remotely by clueless overpaid MBAs sitting in an office in Southerns Redneckistan, who don't even understand Northern Bumfoockistani accent, and don't know how to write a line of code if their life depended on it.

Extensive usability research shows that vast majority of users will be ill-served by showing these random codes. They will google them, find other 3 users who by sheer stupidity of luck happened to see the same code, applied some hairbrained solution, and it somehow fixed the problem they think they were having. Vast majority of other users will apply the same solution which will cause irreparable damage to their computers, get pissed, blame Microsoft, revert their computers to Windows XP, and immediately go to browse paypal.givemeyourmoney.ru, will have their bank accounts emptied, their computer taken over and zombified into attacking Austrian government email system. Don't even think I am exaggerating.

So if you don't want FBI show at your doorstep asking why are you trying to hack into Austrian government email system, do yourself a favor and install W10 already. We all, as human civilization, will be much better off for it.
    Last edited by liberpolly; 12-24-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! AlwaysLearnin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nope, don't believe it. They're random.

This is not the case from the past, where other users may have had the similar problem with the same error message. This is the case where some piece of code has done something that it really shouldn't be doing, and so deep down on the system level that there was nothing to stop it from doing harm. In vast majority of cases, it's a driver code, written by overworked and underpaid outsourced programmers in Northern Bumfoockistan with provisional grasp of English language, managed remotely by clueless overpaid MBAs sitting in an office in Southerns Redneckistan, who don't even understand Northern Bumfoockistani accent, and don't know how to write a line of code if their life depended on it.

Extensive usability research shows that vast majority of users will be ill-served by showing these random codes. They will google them, find other 3 users who by sheer stupidity of luck happened to see the same code, applied some hairbrained solution, and it somehow fixed the problem they think they were having. Vast majority of other users will apply the same solution which will cause irreparable damage to their computers, get pissed, blame Microsoft, revert their computers to Windows XP, and immediately go to browse paypal.givemeyourmoney.ru, will have their bank accounts emptied, their computer taken over and zombified into attacking Austrian government email system. Don't even think I am exaggerating.

So if you don't want FBI show at your doorstep asking why are you trying to hack into Austrian government email system, do yourself a favor and install W10 already. We all, as human civilization, will be much better off for it.
    Hey WoodstockJeff! I think I found one if those MS bots you were talking about! ^^^^^^^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezbert View Post
    * Passhole -- Aggressive driver who stops at nothing just to get in front of you, saving him/herself a whopping 10 seconds.
    -2000 Road King Classic with lots of sentimental value
    -M.I.T.G.C. #72

Hittin' The Twisties buzzyclone's Avatar
    ...do yourself a favor and install W10 already. We all, as human civilization, will be much better off for it.
    Resistance is futile

Hittin' The Twisties buzzyclone's Avatar
    Windows NEVER does that. It must be some 3rd party antivirus.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TPPcrack/co...ed_3dmgamedll/

Did it to one of my legacy games, too.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar

Hello Computer

I can honestly say I shall Never install Windows 10 on any of my computers

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (I just want to say, the chain liberpolly is trying to jerk isn't attached to what he thinks it is.... )
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Quote Originally Posted by buzzyclone View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TPPcrack/co...ed_3dmgamedll/

Did it to one of my legacy games, too.
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...4d2a/analysis/

Observe how seven of non-Microsoft antivirus agents flag this file as malware.
    Last edited by liberpolly; 12-24-2015 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysLearnin View Post
    Hey WoodstockJeff! I think I found one if those MS bots you were talking about! ^^^^^^^^^
    No, I am one of those who keep you safe from bad guys on Internet, despite your best efforts to inflict harm on yourselves.