Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Victory? Why?

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Kootenanny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    I simply didn't care for their sole choice in colors: yellow on an anodized silver frame. It even looks terrible to someone who's color blind (which I am, in one eye ).
    Hmmm...the Street Rod that I demo'd a few years ago was black...indeed, I can't remember ever even seeing a yellow one.

Fun bike, great engine, but a large, heavy bike that was most at home gping straight.

Regarding Victory--I remember rumours (again, some years ago now) that Victory was going to produce a "sporty" bike--but I think that might have been around the time H-D brought out the Street Rod, and perhaps Harley's experience with that bike made the guys at Victory a bit nervous...

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenanny View Post
    Hmmm...the Street Rod that I demo'd a few years ago was black...indeed, I can't remember ever even seeing a yellow one.
    The Street Rod came in Red and Blue as well.

05StRod-4.jpg
    srod blue.jpg

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Weird. When I was at the dealer ogling it over several times, the sales people --- whom always seemed to know what they were talking about from past experiences --- all said it was only available in yellow. I think I know why it didn't sell now.

Red, a little better...not by much, but a little. Blue, getting there. Black...okay now we're n business!

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenanny View Post
    Regarding Victory--I remember rumours (again, some years ago now) that Victory was going to produce a "sporty" bike--but I think that might have been around the time H-D brought out the Street Rod, and perhaps Harley's experience with that bike made the guys at Victory a bit nervous...
    Victory had just gotten off the ground when the V-Rod debuted, so that was entirely feasible for them to have such a concept bike. They needed something back then, as they're bikes were ugly as sin and no match for a Harley in the looks department.
    Last edited by Shadow Shack; 08-29-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Flirting With The Redline PerrydaSavage's Avatar
    Have always thought the Street Rod was a fine looking Bike (agree about the yellow paint scheme S.S.) ... prolly more along the lines of a V-Max than a "Sportbike" though ... H.D. tried again with the XR1200X ... but it also didn't seem to "stick" here in North America ...

The original Judge was a better looking, set-up Bike IMHO ...
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes!

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! Trials's Avatar

Vanishing returns

Just incase you haven't heard yet, Victory motorcycles is going bye-bye. Indian remains intact for now and becomes the only Polaris built motorcycle. Replacement parts for your old Victory are said to be in good supply for at least the next decade, buy em up while you can.

Wow. I didn't know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now I get why the Arlen Ness A-Team dealer here picked up Indian...
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com