Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What motorcycle insurance company are you with? Help me please! (:

Yeah I know, that's why it's difficult. Heck one of the suspensions shouldn't even count seeing as the charge i got was dropped..... :/ This sucks

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    I don't have any advice on Canadian Insurance.

But I would suggest that you make particular note of how your past actions have resulted in present consequences.
    Not for the sake of kicking yourself, but for making appropriate adjustments going forward.

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Moderator/RiderCoach We've stopped counting... Missy B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subvetSSN606 View Post

But I would suggest that you make particular note of how your past actions have resulted in present consequences.
    Not for the sake of kicking yourself, but for making appropriate adjustments going forward.

Tom
    Well said, sir.
    CURRENT BIKES: 2014 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2016 Honda CBR500R
    PREVIOUS BIKES: 2002 Ninja 500, 2002 Kawi ZR-7S, 2002 Kawi Concours, 2003 Yamaha XT225, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Suzuki Wee Strom, 2004 Honda CRF250R, Yamaha TTR250
    Test riding bikes since 2004.
    If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to RIDE that thing will do!

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't say how it works in Canada, but if you had that record here at that age the only break you would find is with a 7+ year old bike. So get quotes on what you're looking for and then on something older and see if there's a difference.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Listen, I'm not trying to be rude however you people have no idea what i have been through. As of right now if i made a choice last summer to leave someone behind they would be dead right now however I wouldn't have any suspensions or tickets. I decided to own up to my actions and I saved someones life. So before you insult me you should probably step back and think that perhaps not every teenager on the planet has a speeding ticket because of a dumb reason. None of you would understand.

Ok thank you Shadow shack i'll compare older vs newer bikes to see if there are any major differences, thanks.

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Sorry, didn't mean to be insulting.
    Sounds like you have contemplated the consequences and have no regrets. That's cool.

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Honestly yes, I have. Four thousand dollars and constant harassment from the local police i think I've done my fair share. Not trying to lash out at you. Anyway i tried Primmum and they gave me a quote of $6,894 or something high like that HOWEVER i just called Desjardins and got quoted for $3,021 with only my M1 on a 2010 ninja 250r! (i got my M1 yesterday) Which kicks the crap out of anywhere else! I think i'm going to wait a month and take the safety course and get M2 then call them back and start the policy at hopefully and even lower rate and by that time i'll understand the laws/tricks to riding a bike better and be an overall better driver but either way i'm ecstatic with this rate!