Thread: gloves fit at the wrist

gloves fit at the wrist

How tight should gloves be at the wrist? I can pull them off with my other hand, but not easily. Are my gloves too big?

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Have you ever seen those professional baseball players that step back from home plate and tighten the velcro wrist straps on their gloves after every swing?
    …gloves should not be that tight at the wrist it's never a good idea to reduce blood circulation in your hands just so your gloves can't scrub off in a crash.

After you crash a few hundred times you learn not to let go of the bars and put your palms out to brace yourself in a fall, it doesn't work anyway. I can't walk on my hands, so trying to run on them during a crash that proved totally impractical. For me the primary function of motorcycle gloves is to improve grip on the bars and protecting the hands in a fall or from trees is a wonderful thing, but in my experience secondary to my gloves helping to avert a crash in the first place.

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Road racers often crash and then SLIDE across pavement. You may not want to put palms out in the crash, but you definitely don't want the gloves to come off in the ensuing tumble or slide. The gloves should be snug but not tight enough to affect circulation.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."