Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unfortunately scooter owners/riders might be given a rotten look

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!

Unfortunately scooter owners/riders might be given a rotten look

Inmy mind a scooter has its place on the town roads& with more power then 49cc they also deserve to be on the Hwys.

Still two years ago, I think in Ottawa, but coul be Eastern Canada a scooter rider pulled to a stop not to far from regular Cdn Trops that were armed & this fool had to take some shots, for a h/gun, at them---hitting a few.

Yesterday the same scooter rider stopped by a Jewish school to start to shoot at children going to school.

The RCMP states this is the same gun as used on the troops a few years ago. I am assuming they are judging upon the firing pin hit on the spent piece of brass OR one of the 9mm bullets match the rifling of the gun used on the troops.

Also in his attemp to fire his lst round the gun jammed so he had to rack back the slide to put it in action again INDICATING this was a 9mm semi-auto.
    Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you!!!!!!

Smitty, usually, I have a hard time following your posts. Sometimes, I just give up. This one is fairly easy to decipher. Let's see if I have it~

1. Scooters should be allowed on highways because they have 49cc's of wheel smoking torque.
    2. A scooter rider pulled up to some Regular Cdn troops and opened fire with a 9mm, hitting a few. This shows fairly good marksmanship. Miltary trained?
    3. Later, the scooter rider pulled up to a school and opened fire with the same gun (9mm.) As evidenced by the similar ballistics testing on the brass. I'm not going to go into the meriade of ways brass can be tested. Let's just say that the TV/Hollywood movies doesn't show them all....

How did the scooter rider get away from the troops in the first place? I know if someone was shooting at me or you, they'd become a very high priority to aprehend. Is the scooter a perfect "get away" vehicle?

I presume the jam was a "stovepipe." Marks on the brass will tell what kind of jam it was.

SORRY for this was MY ERROR for finally we receive it was France & the gun used was around a 45ACP. So it was not Cdn or the USA. Though scooter was given the dirty name unfortunately. When you think of it shooting with both eggs on the groud with a scooter under you is so much easier then from a tall saddle of a m/c.

Norty, i am sorry that this was an incident in France. I had assumed it was in Canada.

Most scooters purchased in Canada are just 49cc because no one needs to take an additional license to ride them & in so many places Liability Insurance is not needed.

On problem is so many of the Highways are 100KPH & most traffic is at that speed or faster in 80% if the time WHICH 49cc scooter cannot do.

I was comming into a part of my town when an RCMP vehicle was there & the Constable was trying to point out to this grey haired elderly woman about the lack of cruising speed of a 49cc scooter into the city of Penticton some 25 miles south.

I do not know if he was pointing out that there are several very steep hills from her home to the business district of Summerland (good chance she had that in mind as well).

The 49cc scooter is good if you live in or next to the schools & business streets of Summerland.

A chap with goodly bit of money purchased some make of a colourful 49cc scooter & suggested that he & his wife, both a bit on the heavy side, ride down to look at the boat dock & could have a beer.

On the way home up one of the many steep roads & had to tell his wife to get off, for then he would hop into his car & pick her up. Even the uphill for him was trying to push the scooter up. A friend stopped & they dumped the scooter into his van, down for the left wife & home again.

He sold the scooter some weeks later on knowing it could not go everywhere.

Saving of petrol was there along with no need for Liability Insurance but lack of power was the real downfall for most 49cc scooter owners. Even from the main business street or school the trips home are often quite steep. Reason one does not see students of even Senior High school riding a scooter. Buit you do see some 650cc bikes there!!!!!!!!

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! shonuff's Avatar
    I believe this is the incident Smitty is refering to...

http://news.yahoo.com/police-islamic...113237385.html
    SHONUFF

What I ride
    '06 GL1800 - Overgrown sport bike!

Previous Bikes
    '01 Yamaha YZF600R
    '09 Royal Star Venture (7500 miles)
    '06 YAMAHA FZ6 (10,000 miles)
    '07 KAWASAKI EX250-NINJETTE (6500 miles)
    '05 YAMAHA ROADSTAR MIDNIGHT SILVERADO XV1700 (65,000 miles)
    '06 HONDA AERO 750 (12,000 miles)

God created man, Samuel Colt made them equal, John Moses Browning made some legends, and Eugene Stoner made some more awesomer than others. - various

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! atomicalex's Avatar
    In France, there are as many scooters as people.
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...

Wow, Canada and France are different countries (!!!!)! Who knew...? I know me mum is from Canada and she is always parly vuing and stuff...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    Wow, Canada and France are different countries (!!!!)! Who knew...? I know me mum is from Canada and she is always parly vuing and stuff...
    We certainly are very ethnic eclectic up here
    It’s different, that's for sure!

…but surely you studied about the Louisiana Purchase http://www.gatewayno.com/history/LaPurchase.html

828,000 square miles of central USA bought from France for ~ 3 cents per acre and a little tiny bit of it was even north of the 49th parallel …you guys are good!

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! ZaGhost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Norty, i am sorry that this was an incident in France. I had assumed it was in Canada.

Most scooters purchased in Canada are just 49cc because no one needs to take an additional license to ride them & in so many places Liability Insurance is not needed.

On problem is so many of the Highways are 100KPH & most traffic is at that speed or faster in 80% if the time WHICH 49cc scooter cannot do.

scooter.
    Not true, You do need a license for gas powered scoots, Electric get a free pas , considered a bicycle. But , at least here in the east, 100cc and under is a different class license.
    1999 SV650 (US import)
    1983 Yamaha Maxim 400
    My Maxim rebuild page

Matter in France, thankfully.

The one you came up wih ZaGhost filled in so much.

I am just pleased I am living in Canada & especially Western Canada for I know he French Police have been having a lot of trouble in he southern parts of France due to gangs fromed up from people that are from other countries accross the Medittrean sea & often comming from Algeria,Tunise, to other such countries in the same terrain.

You have a good post Shonuff regarding scooters, which shows the differences between some of our Province in Canada & especially as our ICBC is proof of so left winged since Insurance Corp of B.C., is a must to obtain a DL, Liability Insurance along with many of the laws the RCMP must carry out.

ICBC was a good training ground to those that rebuild damaged cars for so many were sold to friends of the ICBC. Tack on the Winter Olumpics a while ago & ICBC insured all the GMC vehicles. Though at the end of the Olympics ALL GMC vehicles had to be corrected by ICBC for those volunteer drivers were not familiar with the Greater Vancouver area or many of the drivers were one of many after some events & so many were drunk as well.

If you are a fellow Cdn with ICBC & involved in an accident of where the cage driver was in the wrong you will be lucky to obtain the money for the damage to your bike or car let alone hospital expenses, for ICBC sort of says "what were you doing on the road" in their insulting manner.

I know of a woman passenger in the back seat of a cage with the other cage being in the wrong. She forked out $35,000.00 for someone that works on you for damaged muscles (a name I cannot remember) though in contact with this cost, ICBC would not give her a dime.