Thread: been a while since i bored you...

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! Val's Avatar

been a while since i bored you...

...with my mileage count but I'm at just over 6,000 miles now and am still going strong. I was able to do a couple of short trips and am planning one to Cincinnati for Oktoberfest in a couple of weeks. I am constantly learning and trying to improve my skills. Currently targeting turns and leaning, etc. it is coming along ok. I still continue to gather tons of info from the site and thank you all for it. Enough with the boring stuff. Later.
    aka: Muffin

08 Kawasaki Concours
    09 Suzuki c50 - Gone after 15,000 great miles.

Flirting With The Redline 5000 Posts! crankshaft's Avatar
    Ah! This type of stuff is never boring. It's good to hear about someone's progress. Come on down the Deals Gap with us.
    '07 FJR 1300
    '05 VTX 1300
    '02 ACE 750 - Sold
    Home of the Bug Bash
    15 Years!
    August 3 - August 5 2018

I would LOVE to but I just can't swing it this year. I am planning on it for next year though and possibly The rain or shine event next year as well. Thanks

08 Kawasaki Concours

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    am planning one to Cincinnati for Oktoberfest in a couple of weeks. I am constantly learning and trying to improve my skills. Currently targeting turns and leaning, etc. it is coming along ok. I still continue to gather tons of info from the site and thank you all for it. Enough with the boring stuff. Later.
    Oooh, there are many ways to get to Cinci from Norton. Stay east of Columbus! (62, 41, US-52!!) Take a camera!

Thanks for the tip mz. I will check out those roads on the map and adjust my trip as needed.

08 Kawasaki Concours

Ride your own ride!

You will gain much more confidence and skill riding your way, at your own pace, and not going all out, then you will pushing the limits too far. Believe me, I'm not against pushing limits, but it all takes time!

Ha, found this lookin for something else. Made me laugh but also made me remember how great this site is and how helpful it is was and still is!

08 Kawasaki Concours

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! atomicalex's Avatar
    Yo!!

At least you didn't get snowed on. We got 6" and so much for riding for the next few days....
    Katherine goes to Fahrschule - the German rider training thread :: Nine Days in the Alps :: BRC 2014 :: Finding GS Land
    2012 CBR250R (sold), 2001 Super Sherpa, 2004 BMW F650GSa - not a big Ford truck...