Thread: Wolfman luggage

Contributor We've stopped counting... Overcaffeinated's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Wolfman luggage

I decided to go with Wolfman products for my KLR.

The quality is excellent. The price is good for the level of quality you get. The selection is awesome.

I have the Expedition Dry Tank Panniers, the Express mini tank bag, and Teton saddlebags with racks. I am considering the moto briefcase and, before I start taking bigger trips, one of the duffels.

This stuff is GOOD. Everything I got is the standard line except for the tank panniers, which are the special waterproof type. I am highly impressed by the weight of the material they're made from, and the tops roll, so there is no way water can get in the top. You know what I mean if you've ever encountered a "waterproof" zipper. I wound up getting the waterproof tank panniers because they don't make a regular tank pannier to fit the gen II KLR's fairing (the way they sit covers a vent that the radiator is dependent on, but the waterproof ones sit differently). I'm really glad I have something that is waterproof without needing a cover, and will probably go with the waterproof line again when I select a duffel bag.

The saddlebags are for grocery runs since the tank panniers can carry everything I need for work and a duffel will more than hold all my travel/camping stuff, so I opted to go with regular fabric. It, too, is impressively constructed and very good quality.

The racks were easy to install and appear to be rugged and durable, but they're small and sleek enough that the bike doesn't look like a shopping cart tried to mate with it when the bags are off.

I can't say yet how the bags hold up to long term wear. They are a favorite over on KLR650.org, though, and i'm sure that's for a very good reason. I'll update this after a few thousand miles.

What's really impressive about this company is the customer service.

I had a couple of brushes with fraud attempts lately. Knowing my bank is quick on the draw shutting my cards down, but not wanting to get bitten by fraud again, I grudgingly let the bank know that I seemed to be getting targeted a lot lately. I've had a few credit card charges not go through since then. Wolfman was one of those, because their site doesn't ask for the security code on the back of the credit card.

I called customer service to straighten it out, and the woman in charge basically acted as if she'd been expecting my call. Knew who I was and had my info all ready to go. The sort of thing you'd expect out of a small, but tightly run business. The phone call was over in 5 minutes and my bags were shipped that day.

5 stars. If you have an adventure type of bike but decide that hard bags are not for you, this is the stuff you want.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

I'm thinking about their pillion duffles for a daily "messenger" bag/electronics kit/computer case. Looks good so far.
    2009 Yamaha FZ-1 The Hematoma*
    2008 H-D FXDC The Hematoma (sold)
    BBOer Favorite Motorcycle Magazines
    Quote Originally Posted by mz33 View Post
    In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Contributor We've stopped counting... Overcaffeinated's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The moto briefcase duffel comes with a laptop sleeve, which is a really nice touch. I don't *need* it, and I will probably buy a large duffel for trips first, but damn, that thing is cool.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

RiderCoach 1000 Posts! lionlady's Avatar
    I had the Beta rear bag for my BMW thumper. A GREAT bag! Straps to tie it down on whatever sort of bike you've got (or whatever arrangement of tie down points). Roomy and secure. I didn't get to use in in the rain, so I cannot vouch for its waterproofness, but I really liked the bag.
    If you are always trying to be normal, you'll never know how amazing you can be. -Maya Angelou