Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Helix...

Honda Helix...

Ok scooter trash....errr I mean scooter people... ...my fickle desire for all things two wheel different has drawn my attention to an almost new Helix a mere days travel away. I am not completely among the scooter unwashed having spent many a delightful mile riding with my dad on a Vespa when I was a mere tyke and am the owner/operator of my very own Honda Eiite 150.

This Helix has been in storage and sounds like it was properly prepared and has less than 100 miles on it. It is ascetically perfect and has been recently serviced.

So does anyone have any experience with a Helix, good/bad/indifferent?
    “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

Flirting With The Redline
    Ok sky rat errr OBX-RIDER

They have 234cc water cooled engine that's dang near bullet proof.
    Have heard of some still going strong with 50 to 60 k miles on them.

They have a low seat height and long wheel base and are quite nimble.
    Top speed around 75mph not a interstate blaster but will hold there own in town and on the back roads.
    Storage there the cargo van of scooters.
    If the price is right grab it

Thanks Scooter Rider...

Now as for the rest of you, can it possibly be true only one person has experience with a Helix on this whole board.... or do you just not want to admit you rode one? You can PM me if the shame is just too much...

I, on the other hand, am secure in my masculinity (or femininity as the case may be ), and can ride any darn thing I want...
    “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! NoCo Gal's Avatar
    I have nothing to say to a stupid scooter noob.

~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCruiser
    I don’t want to beat any record, I want to soak up the world which becomes more clear at lower speeds...Besides, you can’t buy adventure, you can only experience it – “Ride Your Own Biography”. From Triumphratnet
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Rider View Post
    Ok sky rat errr OBX-RIDER

They have 234cc water cooled engine that's dang near bullet proof.
    Have heard of some still going strong with 50 to 60 k miles on them.

They have a low seat height and long wheel base and are quite nimble.
    Top speed around 75mph not a interstate blaster but will hold there own in town and on the back roads.
    Storage there the cargo van of scooters.
    If the price is right grab it
    Second this. We don't get them new here in Canada now but had them in the 80's. No known mechanical issues, fairly comfortable, it's a Honda. Hubby has ridden them after working on them (Honda tech). If you want to be really studly, at one time Honda did have a Kenwood radio system (radio, speakers & handlebar control) available for them. Might be found on E-bay. Should help you out with the chicks....
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500 & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2002 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! terraunbound's Avatar
    Below the tundra, above the smog, near Nederland, CO
    Blog Entries
    I think they have a long 'nose' but bullet-proof Honda.
    photos and blog
    2013 BMW F700 GS
    ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200

Flirting With The Redline 3000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    What is the realistic highway top speed on one of these? There are a few around here.

Quote Originally Posted by ncgal_in_mo View Post
    I have nothing to say to a stupid scooter noob.

Hey HEY....me and Valle...we ride scooters....
    ― G.K. Chesterton

Flirting With The Redline 3000 Posts! kwjones's Avatar
    Ahhh...the venerable barcalounger on wheels. I don't think I've ever heard a bad word uttered about them...except maybe the occasional comment about the athstetics from those who have never sat on one. Seriously, the only thing I have heard about them is the seat is extremely comfortable and they're pretty much bullet proof.

DOO EEEEET!
    Kevin

Daelim S2 250
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/kwjones/s2_blue.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
    Yeah, but you're also a morning person, so this is just further proof that you're not right in the head.....
    What I'm reading
    Facebook

I dunno....I was over on one of the Helix forums and Gigi may have a point cause they are pretty much....how do I say this...except to say it...a bunch of dorks. One of the members said he "has a big-assed head" referring to what size helmet he wears....and the moderator got all pissy with a warning "to watch your foul language"...? ???

Not sure I can hang with that crowd....
    ― G.K. Chesterton