Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is BBO what it should be?

Yeah, I run the place 3000 Posts! Derick's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is BBO what it should be?

I've been absent lately, for good reason. Working crazy hours, and a new family to deal with are just two of the facets I'm dealing with. With that said...is this place what it should be? I've had to leave things to the mods and other admins, but do we need change here? Do I need to step down and let someone with a bit more time and focus handle the place?

Not really seeing too much going on, but I really want to make sure it's a good experience for everyone, and I'm not getting a good vibe as of late.

Comments?
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Flirting With The Redline 5000 Posts! crankshaft's Avatar
    Hey Derick,
    We've missed you around here. Here's my take on things. Any site that has been around as long as BBO and has brought so many people together has to be doing something right. I think the site is going strong. Sure there could be more bike discussions going on and what not but that's okay. Part of the reason certain discussiongs take place is because people feel comfortable around each other here. Do you need to step down, I don't think so. I think you've done a great job and appreciate everything you've done. So thanks for everything.
    '07 FJR 1300
    '05 VTX 1300
    '02 ACE 750 - Sold
    Home of the Bug Bash
    15 Years!
    August 3 - August 5 2018

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gotta get to work... the short answer is .. YES!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! taylorcraft07's Avatar
    Derick,
    It works for me and I usually hate forum style sites. Don't change anything.
    Dave

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts!
    Interesting timing. I think as the boasrd has grown, tolerance has shrunk. I used to be one of the guilty ones and maybe still am. Life altering experience made me realize sometimes, life does happen, no one is in controll 100% of the time much as we think we should be/are. Newbie, ok, stupid if deservered, but stupid cause new and made some wrong/bad choices, not so much. Advice should be given freely, what folks do after that is up to them. Ridiculing mishaps following said given advice, not so much. My opinion, it has tilted more to gospel as it were, not advice.

I only read less than 5% of threads so maybe my sampling is to small, or I read all the wrong ones, but thats my view.

Dan
    God is Great, Beer is good, people are crazy.

Blog Entries
    I think the mission of this board is still being served. There are newbies still joining up regularly, and long time members still frequent the forums. In that respect, BBO is healthy. Like any "family" we're a bit dysfunctional, we have our arguments and disagreements, sometimes we step on each other's toes. But we also have a great time on cyberspace and in real life. The casual freewheeling discussions here (bike related or not) are due to the members feeling comfortable, like the atmosphere in a bar. Mods rarely have to step in and remind everyone to play nice.

Don't change a thing, let it evolve. Those of us who remember the original BB.org and BAB know how forums die if the discussions are over moderated or if the members don't care enough to stick around.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    MITGC #22

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    You can't be all things to all people. I agree with what Asp posted.

Even when we have a disagreement such as what is currently being discussed (newbs and our reaction/disrespect of them), it is largely being done rationally. No flame wars. Nothing out of line. If we can't respectfully disagree with each other, what's the point of discussing anything?

Over moderation will kill it. I don't have to agree with everything written here. I don't even have to agree with most of it. But it's a social outlet for me with a group of friends I haven't met yet and some I have. If it becomes something that is no longer enjoyable for me, I will spend my time elsewhere, and someone else will take my place. Such is life.
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

BBO Communications Liaison 5000 Posts! RockyMtnRoadRash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    Don't change a thing
    I disagree. We should install an ice cream machine.
    -RMRR
    "This guarantee does not cover sharkbite, bear attack, or children under 5." - Pelican case lifetime guarantee

It's vitally important to know the correct name for all parts of a vehicle so that you can curse them accurately when they break.

Давай детка, будь моей обезьянкой

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnRoadRash View Post
    I disagree. We should install an ice cream machine.
    You didn't see the one in the BBO bar? It's next to the donuts.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MITGC #22

Contributor We've stopped counting... MsPotatoPotatoHead's Avatar
    This year's Potato Ranch Rally was the largest and best ever. I'd say BBO is definitely doing something right.