Thread: Great Magazines (publisher)

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Great Magazines (publisher)

In an example to other publishers of magazines in general, I got an email today from the publisher of Bike Magazine:

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE DELIVERY OF Bike***

Dear Jeff

As you may be aware there is significant disruption to air traffic movements across Europe due to the continuing activity of an erupting volcano in Iceland. This eruption has produced a cloud of ash which makes it dangerous for aircraft to fly. It is hoped that flying operations at some UK airports will resume during today, however, the major London airports are not yet re-scheduled to open and there is a massive backlog to be cleared before operations can get back to normal.

Unfortunately this disruption may affect the delivery of your next subscription copy of Bike and means that it could be late in arriving. At this time we are unable to say when it will be delivered but we are working hard within the current restrictions to ensure that delivery is as soon as possible.

We will be continuing to monitor the situation very closely and further updates will be available on our website www.greatmagazines.co.uk/deliveries. We would strongly suggest you check this site on a regular basis for the latest information.

Thank you for your patience during this difficult time and please rest assured we are doing everything we can to resume normal deliveries as soon as possible.
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! Exidor's Avatar
    How do you find their customer service in general?

I pick up the latest copies of Bike, Classic Bike, and Performance Bikes whenever I see them, but frequently the bookstores are sold out of these titles before I get there. I'm considering subscribing to all three.
    "I was also thinking, 'Maybe I'm not a bike racer.' I doubted myself for a bit, but now I'm back on track. I may not be a bike racer, but I can beat plenty of them that reckon they are." -- Guy Martin

Current Bikes:
    2002 Honda 919
    1978 Yamaha XS750
    1991 Honda CB250

Former Bikes:
    2002 Kawasaki EX500
    1985 Suzuki GS450

They send me the mag, it arrives. Seems good to me.
    --
    M.I.T.G.C #11

Current bike: '11 Ducati MTS1200S, '08 WR250X
    Bikes I have owned: '06 Sprint ST, '06 KTM 950 SM, '03 KLR 650

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Same here - it generally arrives before it goes on sale in the US. When I'd buy it at Borders, the April issue would arrive sometime in the first week of April. By subscription, I had it read by then.

Actually, the delivery date varies by a couple of weeks, which doesn't affect anyone who isn't going to those April events advertised in the May issue. You don't save a lot of money subscribing outside the UK, but the aggravation quotient is MUCH lower!
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)