Thread: all i want is a little communication

all i want is a little communication

So I need a brake cable for my bike. I ordered one from CheapCycleParts.com on Sunday the 21st. The email I got acknowledging my order stated the following: "Most items will ship from our warehouse within 3-5 business days. If any item on your order is not available or will be delayed outside of the estimated ship time you will be notified by email."

Take note of that last part: "...you will be notified by email." I heard not a peep from them, but found this on the website: "On Order - One or more items were not in stock and have been ordered from our suppliers."

Okay, so you don't have it? As far as I'm concerned, that means it's back-ordered, and I sent them an email, then called them and asked what the hell was going on. They said that they needed to order it from "another of their warehouses" (which is crap, they needed to order it from Kawasaki), and that they should have it that day and it would go right out to me. I also got a one-line email that said "Your part is going out now." Correct me if I'm wrong, but "now" means NOW, it means "you will be getting a tracking number any minute now." It doesn't mean I should get a voice mail message on Thursday saying my part is going out THAT day. (Oh, and I got a voice mail on Wednesday correcting my assessment of "back-ordered", but I didn't even listen to the whole thing; the tone set my teeth on edge.)

I sent an email asking what exactly "now" meant to them. Does now mean "immediately," does it mean "tomorrow," does it mean "whenever the hell we feel like?" I didn't say that, of course. Not in so many words... but that was the gist.

So today, I tried to call to get a status update, tracking number, SOMETHING... and I was on hold for TWENTY MINUTES. Yeahno, I don't think so.

I called RonAyers.com and ordered the part. They answered the phone, were courteous, didn't give me any song and dance about the part coming from "another one of their warehouses", and told me exactly how the transaction would go down. That goes a long way towards trust, and it speaks very well of their corporate culture.

I don't know whose part I'm going to get first. I do know whose part I'm returning. I don't know why I didn't go with RonAyers.com in the first place. I won't make that mistake again.
    2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 -- Boudicca
    2002 Suzuki GZ250 -- Friday (sold)
    1987 Kawasaki KZ305
    I am Moto Crew at the Boston Avon Walk for Breast Cancer -- you wish you could have this much fun! Join us!

SKnight is allowed to call me mean. All others... at your peril.

Sometimes, you get the service you pay for.
    --
    M.I.T.G.C #11

Current bike: '11 Ducati MTS1200S, '08 WR250X
    Bikes I have owned: '06 Sprint ST, '06 KTM 950 SM, '03 KLR 650

Evidently, and the Ron Ayers part wasn't that much more than the other one.
    2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 -- Boudicca
    2002 Suzuki GZ250 -- Friday (sold)
    1987 Kawasaki KZ305
    I am Moto Crew at the Boston Avon Walk for Breast Cancer -- you wish you could have this much fun! Join us!

SKnight is allowed to call me mean. All others... at your peril.