Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not all that impressed with Motorcyclecloseouts.com...

Thumbs down Not all that impressed with Motorcyclecloseouts.com...

Ordered a tank bag, gloves and helmet visor from them on 3/16. Here it is, 3/22 and the order status still says 'processing'. I called them on 3/19 to see what was up and was told that one of the items was "at another warehouse". I still haven't heard a peep out of them on this.

2006 Ninja 650R (1000 miles and counting.)
    1997 Bandit 1200S (19000 miles and counting.)
    1993 Katana 600 (7000 miles) [Sold]
    1982 Maxim 400 (1125 miles) [Sold]

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    Want me to go slap them around for you?

Rusty, the owner, would want to know about your experience. He's a straight up guy, wants to do what's right. I'll see what I can do.
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2018 Triumph Street Triple R - Low
    2015 Ninja 300 (sold to a student rider, renamed Lloyd)

I was informed, when I called today, that the items are being shipped to them from another warehouse, then they would ship them up to me and that it would take 5-10 days for the Economy (free) shipping. Still seems kind of long. Everything else I've ordered from other places that give you free shipping if you order a certain amount, etc has been much quicker than this.

I can't really fault them for it anymore, but I doubt I'll be buying anything from there again in the future. They're prices aren't enough better to warrant the extra wait, in my opinion. Particularly when the banner at the top of their page extolls "Fast gear FAST"...

Right. Usually I check prices between them and New Enough, and find New Enough to be comparable, and better in some cases. NE customer service is fantastic and they always ship quickly. If I want to get something from motorcyclecloseouts, I usually just hop on the bike and go there.
    ~Teri
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800

I definitely won't be buying from this place again. I placed the order on 3/16 and haven't heard a peep out of them by email. The only responses I've gotten were when I called. I was told that the items were being shipped to them from one of their 'other warehouses' and then they'd ship them to me and I'd have them by 3/31. I could have WALKED down to KC and been back in that amount of time.

They certainly charged my card in a hurry though... They've left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll stick to newenough and revzilla.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, if it hasn't shipped yet you can still cancel the order...nothing speaks louder on disatisfaction than issuing a credit card refund.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Yep, what SS said. If it's not too late, I'd cancel it.
    ~Teri
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800

By the time I get it cancelled, refunded, and re-ordered elsewhere, it would have been here already. I don't feel like dealing with that additional hassle. I'll just make sure they don't get any more of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith0078 View Post
    I definitely won't be buying from this place again. I placed the order on 3/16 and haven't heard a peep out of them by email. The only responses I've gotten were when I called. I was told that the items were being shipped to them from one of their 'other warehouses' and then they'd ship them to me and I'd have them by 3/31. I could have WALKED down to KC and been back in that amount of time.

They certainly charged my card in a hurry though... They've left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll stick to newenough and revzilla.
    Yeah, I got that crap from CheapCycleParts.com just today, complete with snotty voicemail message when I got home because I sent an email saying that I wasn't informed that the part was back-ordered. Apparently I was mistaken, it wasn't back-ordered, it was at a different warehouse and shipping would be delayed until they got it. To which I say "So? I should be informed of ANY delay. Period. And snotty messages will NOT get any more of my munnies."
    2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 -- Boudicca
    2002 Suzuki GZ250 -- Friday (sold)
    1987 Kawasaki KZ305
    I am Moto Crew at the Boston Avon Walk for Breast Cancer -- you wish you could have this much fun! Join us!

SKnight is allowed to call me mean. All others... at your peril.

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wraith0078
    By the time I get it cancelled, refunded, and re-ordered elsewhere, it would have been here already.
    Are you positive about that? Their first promise had it arriving no later than tomorrow, now they're extending that by another five days.

I've ordered stuff from Bikercom.com in Spain and the most I had to wait was five days. I got one shipment in two days. That's from Spain (as in Europe) to the United States (as in North America), which last I checked, is a bit farther than Kansas is from Iowa...granted there's a shipping charge but it still proves that it shouldn't take 15 days to get stuff.
    Sent from your mom's phone
    "If I wanted a windshield and tunes, I'd drive my car."
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer
    "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    "Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity."
    Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com