Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Job Interview

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! ds5160's Avatar

Job Interview

I'm scheduled for a phone interview with a company where I've wanted to work since I was a kid. It's an early interview, 7 am, but I'm a morning person, so that's all good. I've gone over the job posting like 8 times, and tried to think of every question they can possibly toss my way. Now, I'm starting to get nervous, while I have been excited up until the last couple of hours. So, umm, wish me luck.

RiderCoach 3000 Posts! Prof._HH's Avatar
    good luck with the interview.
    My boss said to dress for the job I want, not the one I have.

Now, I'm waiting for my meeting with H.R. about my blue tights and cape.
    FML

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! Wookie's Avatar
    Good luck
    2005 Honda Aero 750: Vance & Hines Cruizers pipes, Dynojet Stage 2 re-jet and de-snorkeled air cleaner, Tourmaster Leather Saddlebags, Corbin Solo Saddle

This is me almost every day

Objects in front of your visor are dumber than they appear

My training Blog

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! SKnight's Avatar
    Best of luck!
    Stay safe, keep the shiny side up and never pass up a chance to go after that horizon.

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Good luck... don't forget to interview them... "I know you want me, tell me why I want you." (But not too arrogantly)

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Moderator/RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! Clair's Avatar
    Good Luck!
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided

RiderCoach We've stopped counting... LoDownSinner's Avatar
    What Tom said. When doing phone interviews, I score it as a big positive when the interviewee is interested in finding out facts and details about the opening and company. It shows they're looking for a position and not just a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX-RIDER View Post
    put the whiffer in the dilly

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! ds5160's Avatar
    I definitely have my list of questions ready to go. My last phone interview I asked a lot of questions that the other person kept saying he'd have to look into (and this was going to be my supervisor). Sadly, I never heard back from them. Rather sucky that they take the time, yet never give any info on what happened to the job. But, it does show me that I am glad I didn't get the job there. I currently have a job, and a good one, just not sure it's the right job for me. So, while I want something new, I am in that nice position where I can be picky and find a job that will suit me and the employer well, not just take any job that comes along.

It's nice to hear about someone with a job and interviewing for a possibly better job instead of no job hoping for any job. You are very lucky or probably just very good. Good luck with the job interview and hope what you wish for is the best choice for you.
    Richard rider-77!
    Yamaha 2012 Road Star Silverado "S" with 13,900 miles SOLD the 2009 with 75,000 miles

President [for life] Wrinkle Riders. Member Sons of Angioplasty. Fringe member of a Splinter Group. The Ride is the Destination.

"A gentleman is someone that knows how to play a banjo, but doesn't"

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! terraunbound's Avatar
    Below the tundra, above the smog, near Nederland, CO
    Blog Entries
    Good luck and remember to put on your warm interested voice for over the phone - its harder to tell how people read you (one) without the visual cues!
    photos and blog
    2013 BMW F700 GS
    ~sold~2001 F650 GSa, SYM HD200