Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So, nobody started on a 600 sportbike?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxieman View Post
    Guilty as charged. I really need to stick my head in here more often.
    You've got some interesting real life experience to add to the "pot" ... and I respect that even when we disagree ...
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

I think the guilt is mine...due to an absence due to illness. On returning, this popped up as a new post (it shouldn't have), so I just replied.

Nevertheless, it's interesting that the discussion, and my answer, is still just as applicable today (essentially my answer, since those bikes I mentioned didn't even exist back when the discussion started)!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! zeit00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I think the guilt is mine...due to an absence due to illness. On returning, this popped up as a new post (it shouldn't have), so I just replied.

Nevertheless, it's interesting that the discussion, and my answer, is still just as applicable today (essentially my answer, since those bikes I mentioned didn't even exist back when the discussion started)!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    My first bike was a 2001 CBR600 F4i.. Second bike was a Ninja 250.. Third bike is a 2016 BMW S1000RR.. It CAN be done... But, I wish I spent more time on a smaller bike first.

I learned a lot of bad techniques on the F4i.. and it has taken a lot of years to get around them.
    2001 CBR600 F4i - Gullinbursti

www.atlantaheathens.com/forums

Yup, the fb effect has slowed many forums to a trickle.

For the record, I started on a Rupp 3hp minibike. Full suspension/knobby tires and pull start!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

I think a look at what the fastest riders in the world start their racing career on is educational. Either 125cc 2 strokes or 250cc 4 strokes. They cannot count on power to win ... they must carry speed through the corners and develop "tactics". Braking is also paramount.

When I started doing trackdays it was suggested I get an EX500. From there I moved up to a SV650. I spent my nickels redoing the suspension.
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.