Thread: News: Town wets itself over new m/c rally

News: Town wets itself over new m/c rally

Makes me want to go to Colorado and ride without mufflers.

from Fort Collins, Colo. ...
    Cops take "training on motorcycle gangs, vehicle thefts and dealing with drug and alcohol issues."
    Noise "might be a bit louder because motorcycles sometimes like to run without mufflers, says some resident.

Some local folks pumped, though.

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....507050303/1002

I want to go to CO anyway. I haven't been there in 23 years. I think it would be great to attend a MC Rally hosted by my birth town, can't call it my hometown, cause I didn't live there that long. lol Too bad its the same weekend as the AMA Races in ATL, GA.

Catt

kead
    Looks like the hotels are booking up early so if you are not camping, you may want to make reservations soon. I live 80 miles south of Loveland and started looking for a room for just a couple of nights and the closest hotels are booking up.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Greg's Avatar
    Sounds like quite a gathering. I would like to attend one some day. Man I would like to do alot of things...
    I never knew why a dog would stick its head out the car window until I took my first ride on a motorcycle.
    • 2016 Indian Springfield - Indian Red cause it has to be Indian Red.
    • 2007 VTX 1300C - The X has moved on to a new home. Unlike most, I will miss my X.
    • 1981 KZ 1000 CSR SOLD - Was a great bike for sure but I had to move on
    • 2010 Chrysler 300C 5.7L Gotta have that HEMI

Contributor We've stopped counting... MsPotatoPotatoHead's Avatar
    Eh, screw that - they're starting this new rally in Colorado the same weekend that we've been having a rally here for 12 years. Durango has better climate, better roads, better scenery, better facilities, and the local townspeople and LEOs are pretty supportive of the rally. The few who don't like usually leave town for the weekend.

So, don't plan to go to Thunder in the Rockies in a big city area with no character - come to Durango for Rally in the Rockies instead!

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All I know is I'm riding somewhere else. The northern canyons will be no fun that weekend.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper" \ 02 VFR800 "big red" \ 09 KLX250-S
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 06 Thruxton "crumpet" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Moderator/RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! Clair's Avatar
    Um, who not come to the BaB/BB rally Jeff, Todd and I are throwing, huh??? July 22-24, gonna be a great ride. Screw these other events, come join US.
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
    2009 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided