Thread: HRA vs HMO

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! monty's Avatar

HRA vs HMO

Last night at work they gave us a little pep talk which included the end of HMO,s in the company which will be replaced by HRA,s anyone have one of these things and how do you like it. thanks

Moderator/RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! Clair's Avatar
    HRA? Not HSA? Health Savings Account?
    Ride safe, ride smart, ride ATGATT because sweat dries faster than scars heal

Rider since June '03 ... Bikes: '11 Triumph Tiger 800XC ... '09 Kawasaki ER-6N

* If you love your bike set it free. If it comes back to you, you've High Sided
    * Electrons have Mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

Flirting With The Redline 3000 Posts! azpenguin's Avatar
    He might be talking about HRA meaning health reimbursement account. There's some new plans that have been coming out lately that feature that as a component. That's different from an HSA in that the reimbursement account is part of your policy, and any money that isn't used rolls over to next year. It was an option for us for next year, in addition to two different PPO plans. I decided to go with one of the PPOs since the out-of-pocket is a lot lower, even with similar premiums.
    '02 Shadow ACE 750 - "Fats"
    '01 Nighthawk 250 - "Piglet"
    46,000 miles since October '03

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    So, I'm obviously incorrect.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! monty's Avatar
    I think their calling it a health reimbursement account it sounds pretty good they way they tell it, but this company has a way of putting lipstick on pigs The jest of it is the company put money into your account say $500 that can be spent on medical treatments after that is gone you will be on the hook for say $500 after that is met then then insurance takes over. Iam sure theres more to it.

Flirting With The Redline 3000 Posts! azpenguin's Avatar
    Wonder what your coverage is after that, and what your premiums will be. On the HRA plan we have available, the coverage after deductible is met is 80/20. Under the HMO, coverage was 90/10. The HRA premium is $80 more a month than the HMO was. I went with the PPO (I know you may not be in a company with multiple options, this is the first time I've been in one) since the premiums were just about the same, but the deductible on the PPO is a lot lower, along with some other out of pocket costs.
    '02 Shadow ACE 750 - "Fats"
    '01 Nighthawk 250 - "Piglet"
    46,000 miles since October '03

Quote Originally Posted by LoDownSinner View Post
    So, I'm obviously incorrect.