Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another helmet question

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! zeit00's Avatar
    What about the Shark RSR2? Anyone have experience with that?
    2001 CBR600 F4i - Gullinbursti

www.atlantaheathens.com/forums

Contributor 8000 Posts! LDYAPXR's Avatar
    I have a Shoei and a Scorpion and I prefer my Scorpion as strange as it sounds. My Shoei(The RF1000 I think) is a lot louder at speed and I love the no-fog visor on the Scorpion. DH has a Shoei X11(the Vermeulen replica) and two Scorpions(the EXO400 and an EXO700) and he only wears the Shoei on the track now. He prefers the Scorpions for daily riding.
    Darlene The Goddess

Hittin' The Twisties Buckethead's Avatar
    This is a good thread for me--I'm currently searching for a helmet. Can anyone make some recommendations on a good helmet w/ $300 max price?

So far I have an older HJC CS-12, which is heavy, loud, shield does not close all the way, fogs up all the time....I think you get the picture!

I have tried on Icon, and GMax, but neither fit very well, and I have stayed away from HJC...but maybe my expectations are too high!

I'm heading on a 2 Hr trek this weekend to http://www.kccyclehelmetworld.com/

Any suggestions on what to try or avoid?

PS I was kind of surprised at the long term GMax--I have read some excellent reviews on that helmet
    Buckethead

My Ride : 2007 GS500f / 2009 GSXR600

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    This is a good thread for me--I'm currently searching for a helmet. Can anyone make some recommendations on a good helmet w/ $300 max price?

So far I have an older HJC CS-12, which is heavy, loud, shield does not close all the way, fogs up all the time....I think you get the picture!

I have tried on Icon, and GMax, but neither fit very well, and I have stayed away from HJC...but maybe my expectations are too high!

I'm heading on a 2 Hr trek this weekend to http://www.kccyclehelmetworld.com/

Any suggestions on what to try or avoid?

PS I was kind of surprised at the long term GMax--I have read some excellent reviews on that helmet
    I thought you'd wear a bucket?

HQP

Hittin' The Twisties Buckethead's Avatar
    DOT > KFC

Buckethead

My Ride : 2007 GS500f / 2009 GSXR600

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar
    DOT > KFC

Aww. Dang.

HQP

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! aprilmaybe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoorat View Post
    April, what's with the AGV? You not wearing your S650 Ikebana anymore?
    It went boom I'm totally bummed about that becasue I loved that helmet.

This is the other one that's on my list...

Icon's Death From Above

Yes, this one is poserific but I think it looks cool. My first helmet was an Icon and I really liked it.

I've never really though of myself as flashy but other than my first flat black helmet they have all been pretty flashy.
    09 Triumph Bonneville - work perk / 04 Ducati Monster - street / 01 Suzuki SV650 - track / 08 Aprilia Tuono - his

SoCal riders check out -- www.socal-letsride.com
    Pink Cars and Stars - Tumlr

Quote Originally Posted by zeit00 View Post
    What about the Shark RSR2? Anyone have experience with that?
    Heheheh...oops! I left out the other "r." Sorry--yeah, I was referring to the RSR2. Most comfortable helmet I've ever placed on my noggin, great fit & finish, excellent no-fog shield...the works. It's almost decadent. I have the Absolute in matte black, so fingerprints don't show as easily and I don't have to worry about scuffing/scratching that shiney clear coat.

Can anyone make some recommendations on a good helmet w/ $300 max price?
    No brainer, IMHO. Scorpion EX700/EX1000. Assuming that it fits your head shape, that is. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the Scorpion brand. Also, the Shark S650 range of helmets come in at or below the $300 price point, and some of the RSI range are just at or a tad over.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmaybe View Post
    It went boom I'm totally bummed about that becasue I loved that helmet.
    Awww, sorry! That was a cool little helmet, I really liked it. Sure hope its "boom" wasn't accompanied by a similar one on your bike!
    Stu's Facebook page
    '95 CB750 Nighthawk-Deceased
    '02 CB900F/919

stoorat{at}hotmail(dot)com

RiderCoach We've stopped counting... twizted1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stoorat View Post
    No brainer, IMHO. Scorpion EX700/EX1000. Assuming that it fits your head shape, that is. You get a lot of bang for your buck with the Scorpion brand. Also, the Shark S650 range of helmets come in at or below the $300 price point, and some of the RSI range are just at or a tad over.
    If you keep an eye out you can find the RSI's for around $200 to $250 I paid about $240ish for mine in May...or whenever I got it around then....
    Rain or Shine 8 - May 20-22, 2016 - Monterey, TN

No matter what goes to hell, always rise from the ashes, stronger.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! zeit00's Avatar
    Ok.. Picked up the Shoei X-11 in Black. Rode home with it.. OMG what a freaking awesome helmet!

NO Arai would fit my head. Which I think is oval in shape. The Shoei medium was a perfect fit.. No cheek pads to swap either. The Shark was like a torture device for my head. It felt great for like 15 seconds.. Then started giving me a migraine.

The only problem I have right now is that I have a whistle around 45-50 MPH...

I will get some pics up as soon as I can..
    2001 CBR600 F4i - Gullinbursti

www.atlantaheathens.com/forums