Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WAYYYYY of topic (plastic surgery)

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! sAm's Avatar

Question WAYYYYY of topic (plastic surgery)

Anyone had any experience in this?

My wife wants to, and I would like to get her, a tummy tuck. She's not happy with the way she looks after having five kids.

It's a dated picture, but you get the point (single plus two sets of twins).

She's 140#ish, 5'9 and looks great to me, but, well, you ladies will understand. Anyone been through this? good, bad? suggestions, advice? Anyway to tie this in to motorcycling ?

Just throwing this out there.
    *~Steve
    Serenity Prayer
    God, grant me the serenity,
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference.
    Thy will, not mine be done.
    Amen.

Bikes Owned
    Chili-Less....No Bike, Darnit
    Chili-Z........ 00-ZR7
    Chili-Ninja....99-Ninja650
    Chili-Busa....05-Hayabusa
    Chili-SV.......03-SV1000N
    Chili-V.........04-VStrom 650

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sAm
    Anyone had any experience in this?
    No but...

looks great to me
    There I'm with you.

Sounds to me like you've already found the right answer...
    "Honey you look great to me, so I sure don't need you to, but if it will make YOU feel better, I'm willing."

Good luck,
    Tom

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! sAm's Avatar
    Pretty much what I've been telling her. But she want's to look into it. So I say it's ok with me as long as they don't touch the boobs and face. Those stay au-natural. period.
    *~Steve
    Serenity Prayer
    God, grant me the serenity,
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference.
    Thy will, not mine be done.
    Amen.

Bikes Owned
    Chili-Less....No Bike, Darnit
    Chili-Z........ 00-ZR7
    Chili-Ninja....99-Ninja650
    Chili-Busa....05-Hayabusa
    Chili-SV.......03-SV1000N
    Chili-V.........04-VStrom 650

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Paduan's Avatar
    The W is a surgical RN, who works at a private reconstructive clinic. They mostly do repair work, but occasionally do cosmetic stuff.

She says as long as your W is doing it just for herself, it's ok. And it won't have any long term effect on any self-worth issues.
    The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time congress meets.

2005 Goldwing GL1800 - Arctic Camo

My wife lost 120lbs, so she had to have a tummy tuck to take care of excess skin. It's not a panacea in any way.

1) She's still not happy with how it looks. It's not magic, it will not give you a Courteney Cox tummy.

2) Almost all plastic surgery cuts/shocks some nerve endings. There is a 2" X 10" oval that I cannot touch. No. Never. Nien! This kind of feels wierd to her, and affects some pants and definitely some swimsuits.

PM me and I can get my wife in touch with your wife so she can talk. Maybe your wife can convince my wife to ride, then I won't have to sell the Seca!
    "What would the church be like if we erred from an excess of compassion rather than from a stingy and legalistic lack of it." - Brennan Manning

2005 FZ6 - Galaxy Blue / LSL frame sliders
    Arai Astral X / Firstgear Meshtex 2 Jacket / Firstgear Speed Jacket / Firstgear HT pants / Hein Gericke HT Air Cargo pants

Contributor 10,000 Posts! Cindy's Avatar
    No, I haven't had one, but I have several friends that have and have talked to them about it. Everyone of them said have they would do it again in a heartbeat. One said she only regretted one thing and that is that she waited so long to have it done. I was reading a pamphlet about it the other day and they were talking about repairing the muscles to prechildbirth days, I can't imagine any woman not wanting that. The pamplet also said that there could be numbness for about a year or so. Just make sure she goes to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Cindy
    2007 BMW F650GS
    2006 Vespa LX150
    2003 BMW R1200C Montana *sold*

Over 100,000 miles since 8/02

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -Helen Keller

RiderCoach We've stopped counting... LoDownSinner's Avatar
    I had plastic surgery. During an overenthusiastic sparring session in martial arts class many years ago, my left cheekbone got shattered. It was wired back together, and is reallly pretty unnoticeable.

If it makes her happy, and she's doing it for the right reasons, it's probably not a bad thing.

Although, I always get a mental image of the Surgeon General of Beverly Hills from Escape From L.A. when people talk about cosmetic or elective plastic surgery...

Wow! 2 sets of twins and another child! And I'm sure she's a wonderful Mom too, right?!! Awesome!

It's not right that women don't feel good in thier own bodies. Come ON! She's probably BEAUTIFUL!

But, she wants it done and she's probably not going to change her mind.

Good luck with whatever she decides.

Beautiful children by the way -
    Last edited by Chrystal; 06-10-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling
    2008 Yamaha VStar 1100 Custom - "Fat Nasty"
    1982 Suzuki GS450L - "Chief Joseph"

Quote Originally Posted by subvetSSN606
    No but...

There I'm with you.

Sounds to me like you've already found the right answer...
    "Honey you look great to me, so I sure don't need you to, but if it will make YOU feel better, I'm willing."

Good luck,
    Tom

Im not married or have any kids. But my opinion would be if she wants to do it feel better about herself and nobody else I woud not see see a problem with it, if she where my wife. My best advice, for what it is worth, is for her to go talk to a doctor about it.
    "Aqaba is over there, it's only a matter of going." -Lawrence
    Question 13: How slow is Greg White?
    Current: 07 V-Strom 650 Blue (DL650K7)
    Year Zero

Wow, what a nice looking family, you folks hit the jackpot.

Minor Rant on
    Being a cable channel surfer I have noticed a Huge increase in Cosmetic Surgery related shows. MTV, Discovery ( not just the Health one), Travel Channel, 'E!' I have not seen any on Speed..... yet. The medical establishment is sooooo big they can't handle regular preventive care, but BOY HOWDY give them a profit center like elective Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and there is no end to the ads and benefits.
    I know plastic surgery has helped a lot of people have a better life.
    I do have a bit of an issue with telling people their lives will be Better if they 'tune up' their look.
    There was a big deal on the Today show last week about some woman getting a 'minimally invasive' tummy tuck Live On TV. I had to laugh at this woman. She was all worried about not having the female equiv of washboard abs after all kinds of work outs. The Dr. asked if she had any concerns, her question was that she was planning on having kids in the near future and would the proceedure have an affect on her ability to have kids. Not that having kids might reverse the proceedure a little. .
    Selling surgery like a spa treatment is making a big stretch.
    Surgery is still a big mix of art and science.
    Its seldom totally routine, and every patient is different in their reaction to the proceedures and drugs involved.
    To their benefit , some of the shows I have seen related to cosmetic plastic surgery have shown all sides. Not just the rosey positive outcomes.
    The advertisers try and fill peoples heads with FUD about themselves and then provide a fix, a new car, house, phone, ringtone, boobs, nose or whatever.
    /minor rant off

mark.
    '03 Honda Silverwing ABS
    It's right turn on red AFTER stop!

I see a light at the end of the tunnel, it is the end of the tunnel on fire.