Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MN/WI Alphabet Road Ride and CRA

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! bocbass's Avatar
    I will be out of town Aug 4th through the 23rd for work.
    1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk "Pearl" Sold
    1993 Yamaha XJ600S Sold
    2008 Vino 125

Cool Let's go campin!

What's up, little campers? This weekend is our ride/camp in Maiden Rock! Thank God!

I'd like to go wheels up at 10:30am on Saturday morning from that same convenience store we like on the northeast corner of the intersection of Hudson Rd and Woodbury Dr in Woodbury, MN. Be there at 10am. From there we'll ride to Prescott, where we'll stop at the gas station to hook up with anyone from Wisconsin who wants to meet us there. They should be there between 11-11:30am.

(The pace of all of our riding this weekend will be easy and safe. I don't want anyone flyin' off the road this time! )

Then we'll head to Maiden Rock, WI, for lunch and to set up camp. In the afternoon, I'll lead a laid back twisty back road tour for those who want to ride some more, and we'll come back to camp.

For supper, you can either grill at the campsite, or eat out in Pepin, WI. I think everyone should be on their own, choosing to eat together only if they'd like to, to give folks a chance for some space if they want it. If you're going to grill, you'll need to bring the grill items from home because there are no grocery stores in the area, unless you want to go to Red Wing.

In the evening, we'll hang out at the campsite and enjoy a beverage or two...or three...or four. There are bars in town within walking distance that sell off sale beer, so you don't have to haul anything from home unless you want something special. I think the little gas station in town has ice and styrofoam coolers.

The next day we should be wheels up by 9am, headed for Pepin, WI, for breakfast. Apparently there's a new place in town that you "can't miss" right on the highway, but I don't know the name of it, and neither did the person who told me about it. We're so eating there!

If there are Beginnerbikers who didn't want to ride/camp on Saturday, but DID want to do a Sunday ride with us, they should be in Maiden Rock, WI, by 8:45am.

After that we'll head east into the Land of Fast Sweepers and enjoy some of the best motorcycling roads in all of western Wisconsin. Again, this will be a laid back ride, not a sport ride. We'll eat lunch somewhere out there and then head home through Wabasha, MN, so we can take the lovely CR-60 through Zumbro Falls, MN, and hook up with SR-52 back into the Cities.

Sound good? LET'S RIDE!!

Maiden Rock by 8:45???? But it's Sunday.......

If anybody else is only riding Sunday, give a yell and we'll go down together.
    Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
    '09 Kawi Versys

Quote Originally Posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
    First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
    Maiden Rock by 8:45???? But it's Sunday.......

If anybody else is only riding Sunday, give a yell and we'll go down together.
    Strap on a pair, Smurfy Boy!

I dont know if I will be able to make this....I may not have my bike back in time.
    '05 VStar 650 custom - 14,358 miles - my first
    '08 HD Street Bob - my current

M.I.T.G.C. member #28

Remember: Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs
    www.my2.tupperware.com/tdullnig

Ride Mike's.....
    '09 Kawi Versys

Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
    First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Question

Quote Originally Posted by VSTARgal View Post
    I dont know if I will be able to make this....I may not have my bike back in time.
    Where's yer bike?

Her speedo went out at BugBash, and it wasn't because of the cable......
    '09 Kawi Versys

Oh, hell, Smurf's right.

The stealership cant even look at it until Wednesday or Thursday and then if they have to order a part it will be another couple of days. But, on a good note they said if it is a possibility they screwed up something when I got my new tire installed that they will make it right.

AND, if my speedo cable ever does brake, I am pretty confident I could replace it myself!
    '05 VStar 650 custom - 14,358 miles - my first
    '08 HD Street Bob - my current

M.I.T.G.C. member #28

Remember: Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs
    www.my2.tupperware.com/tdullnig

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! lledier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
    Her speedo went out at BugBash, and it wasn't because of the cable......
    That just sounds so wrong in soo many ways...
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPotatoPotatoHead View Post
    Besides, the big Vee goes wiki-wiki-wiki-GRRRRRRAAAAAA

My bikes:

None yet, BRC postponed due to injury

My cage:
    1999 Chevy Suburban