+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picture uploading

TEST PIC

Rollin' On
    Does anyone have experience with posting pix from Smugmug? I already have an account there, and my pix are uploaded there. I'm not too interested in setting up another picture hosting account with Photobucket. So would like to avoid that if possible. Anybody?
    Neil

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    I've not personally used them, but I know others here have.

My suggestion: If you're on Smugmug you should be able to copy the direct link to the individual image you wish to post. If that isn't obvious, while viewing just the individual image you can copy the URL from the address bar.

Then in the reply box insert that URL into the VB Image tags, or you can use the "insert image" icon at the top of the reply or post box which will insert the tags automatically. If you use the icon, make sure you click the "From URL" tab rather than having the "From Computer" tab selected.

I hope that helps!
    Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

PS if you want to do it without using the icon... the format for the image tags is the following EXCEPT LEAVE OUT THE EXTRA SPACE I had to add so you can see it:

[i mg]URL[/img]

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Rollin' On

Thank you Tom! I hadn't been able to get the image icon to work for me. It kept giving an error message. But the img's front and back seem to work.
    WooHoo!

You're welcome, glad I could help!

Tom

+ Reply to Thread