Page 10323 of 10329 FirstFirst ... 932398231022310273103131032110322103231032410325 ... LastLast
Results 103,221 to 103,230 of 103283

Thread: The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Contributor We've stopped counting... Overcaffeinated's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyone at work is sick. I'm not sick yet, but I'm inexplicably, uncharacteristically cold tonight. Yes, it is cold out, but not *that* cold, and I'm not usually affected by weather once I'm inside. 50/50 chance I get the sick next. Yay.
    My two wheels:
    1981 Ashford Traditional, lace flyer, turbo kit, scotch tension, single treadle, walnut finish.
    2015 Schacht Reeves, 30", double drive, single treadle, high speed kit, ash.

Hope everyone's okay with all the nasty weather reports I've seen. Know that the BBO bar is always open as a "warming station". Nothing does it better than an XL BugJuice!
    *****refills bar********
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Went for a little local ride yesterday. Looks like a bumper crop this season. Oh yeah, here's a pic.

Nice day for a ride!
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Ha! I'm bound for Puerto Plata shortly it's suppose to be 80 plus down there.

Thanks for sharing that ride, Norty. I NEEDED that!
    Safe travels Trials!
    ****refills bar*******
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Went for a little local ride yesterday. Looks like a bumper crop this season. Oh yeah, here's a pic.

Nice day for a ride!
    Hmm..61? That's pretty chilly. For some reason, our drunk weather has moved us to the upper 70s. So weird.
    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor
    Undercover Task Force

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

I have a term for an aggressive driver who stops at nothing to get by you, thereby gaining less than a second in travel time. I call these drivers "passholes." I live in Houston. Lots of passholes live here. However, it's been a long time since a driver was so blatant that, she was not only a passhole, but she managed to be a complete and utter dick, too.

Here's the thing, I tend to be courteous in traffic, doubly so on the bike, because small things that allow traffic flow don't hinder your progress, and keep traffic flowing. There I was, sitting in a line of cars stopped for the light on San Felipe at 610. I left a gap between the car ahead of me and my bike, as did the car in the lane next to me, to allow cross traffic into and out of the driveway of the shopping center to our right. Cross traffic to and from the parking lot could need to cross four lanes, so every little bit helps. Allowing that flow keeps San Felipe from being blocked by those drivers forcing the issue and having to work their way over. If you're the driver leaving the gap, you lose no time leaving the gap. You're just sitting there. When traffic moves, you simply move up behind the car in front of you. Net result: You've done something nice, at no price to you and your forward prgress, and you helped keep traffic moving. You? Are awesome.

So, there I was, being awesome, when the car ahead of me moved about a foot. If I'd moved up, I'd still be blocking the cross traffic, so I stayed put. The car in the lane next to me wound up with room to move, so he did. The SUV behind me, was not happy that I didn't move. The SUV behind me honked at me. I still didn't move. So the SUV behind me pulled closer to me to bully me into moving. When I didn't move, she maneuvered around me and in front of me to take up that spot. The lady in the BMW SUV trying to get out of the parking lot watched as her ability to move across four lanes of traffic disappeared. We exchanged looks, shook our heads, and shrugged. She turned into her closest lane, next to the blocking SUV. When traffic moved, she had to work her way in front of the blocking SUV (yay, moral victory!) and eventually got into her lane. I lost no time in my commute by maintaining my position. The blocking SUV gained, less than a second. So here's to you, driver of the white Range Rover GLV5653! You are the Passhole of the Day!
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor
    Undercover Task Force

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Rollin' On
    Quote Originally Posted by Lezbert View Post
    So here's to you, driver of the white Range Rover GLV5653! You are the Passhole of the Day!

Congratulations on your Passhole of the Day award white Range Rover GLV5653! I hope you don't win it again tomorrow.

Flirting With The Redline 6000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Home again all safe and sound
    I found my new favourite drink for sitting on the beach while taking in way too much UV:
    Slush strawberry daiquiri mix with vodka instead of rum man can you ever down a lot of those suckers in a hurry.

Heh...after viewing the video from my helmet cam, I noticed I got the plate number wrong. Ah, well. She knows what she did! lol
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor
    Undercover Task Force