Page 10341 of 10343 FirstFirst ... 934198411024110291103311033910340103411034210343 LastLast
Results 103,401 to 103,410 of 103425

Thread: The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Moving sure takes a lot of energy.
    Wait till ya get to be my age.
    ****refills bar*******
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    Spent some time this weekend riding for some sweet treats. I represented in one of Bugguts' original shirts (hint: she sells them, look them up!), the sweetest treat of the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2015 HD Dyna Low

Miles of smiles We've stopped counting... asp125's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Omg waffos!
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex

06 Thruxton 900 "Crumpet" \ 08 Spyder RS SM5 "big Bird" \ 12 S'TtripleR "stripper"
    Sold: 97 Ninja 500R / 03 SV650N / 01 Ducati 750SS / 73 CB350-Four / 03 BMWF650GS / 08 Gixxer600 / 09 KLX250S "Gumby" / 91 VFR750 /03 Gixxer6 the bass boat
    my Facebook, SpeedShotsPhotography
    MITGC #22

"I have seen fat kids on Segways go through corners faster."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal LabRat View Post
    Spent some time this weekend riding for some sweet treats. I represented in one of Bugguts' original shirts (hint: she sells them, look them up!), the sweetest treat of the day!
    Fast...and SEXY! This woman's got it all!

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! phendric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Moving sure takes a lot of energy.
    Yuuuuup! Done it twice in 2 years, with a bunch of kids. First move was 1600 miles; the second was *only* 1100. I want to take a break from moving for awhile...

Where are you moving to, Norty?
    Current bike: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Previous bikes: 2000 Honda VFR800, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R, 2001 Triumph Sprint ST, 2001 Suzuki GS500

Gotta tell ya about my weekend.

Wrench and I visited a state park over the weekend. Wonderful seeing all the families swimming and sunbathing. Lots of kayaks and sailboats out.

As we were on our way out of the park there was a parked bike to our left on a bend, and a young man waving frantically. We pulled in and he approached Wrench talking a mile-a-minute. I pulled up and inquired "What's up?" and with angst on his face he stated "MY BIKE BROKE DOWN AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

What an awful feeling. You're in a state park, people are passing you by....and you feel helpless. Stranded. And you don't know what to do.

The look on his face was priceless when I said "I HAVE JUMPER CABLES!" And it got even better when I pointed at Wrench and said "HE'S A MECHANIC!"

I pulled up to his bike and began to take my tailbag and saddlebags off so I could remove the seat. As I'm doing this the nice young man is still talking a mile-a-minute, and he's confessing to me his "bad decision" to "buy a bike" because he must of been having a "mid-life crisis, he's got small kids at home....." basically this poor guy is beating himself up for no good reason. I turned to him and said "I have lots of people tell me how stupid it is for me to ride a motorcycle at my age. I don't listen to those people."

Looking into my wrinkled face with my blue hair, he got the point. He responded with the first of many "Yes Ma'am's" I got during our encounter.

It's 91 degrees out, so I take off my mesh jacket to proceed to dig thru my saddlebags to get out my tools.

So that's were this story takes a turn. On a recent motorcycle trip that involved an overnight stay at an upscale resort, Wrench called attention to the frayed strap of my sports bra that shows around the collar of my t-shirt. He kept laughingly calling it "biker lace". So I went out and bought myself a brand new sports bra (and a new helmet, just because). Well, this new sportsbra zips up the front, which I thought was a really good idea.

Until now.

As I leaned over to dig in my saddlebags in search of my tools, my sports bra unzipped completely.

As I stood up, well, imagine having tennis balls inside of tube socks (over the calf, not crew length)...you get the idea. This is the price I pay for the whole "Burn Your Bra" movement back in the '60's. Trust me on this, don't follow the crowd during fads.

Anyhow, I'm hoping that the BuggutTshirt that I'm wearing is long enough to cover my dilemma.

It was, but when I turned around, Wrench's expression involved a furrowed brow and a cocked head that non-verbally said "BUGGS? WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED TO YOU?"

At this point both bikes are seatless. The first attempt to jump the bike fails. Wrench discovers the wrong bolt is on the negative terminal of the young man's bike, and it's loose. We get it tightened (barely) and the second attempt brings his bike back to life.

I finally saw a look of relief on the young man's face, and he's profusely thanking us.

I was still putting everything back together on my bike when the nice young man waved and rode off.

At that point Wrench approached and asked what kind of wardrobe malfunction happened to me. I explained and uttered that I hoped nice young man hadn't noticed. Wrench stated that if he had, it would of caused him to "jump right over his Gixxer".....although...at that point we realize that he turned the wrong way. Instead of making a left to leave the park, he made a right, going into the park.

Maybe I did traumatize him. Hmmmm.

I always joke that I ride a Guzzi because I love my "jugs in the wind". As we rode to lunch down the interstate I realized that at this age, that isn't as fun as it sounds.

That evening, as I sat at my backyard picnic table rubbing Doc Baileys into my fanny pack (trying to spruce up for Sunday's services) I thought about that nice young man. I hope he made it home okay. I hope he doesn't sell his bike. I hope he changes that bolt on his battery...which made me put some of those bolts in my saddlebags, just in case.

Point to this story...there's no worse feeling than being stranded and not knowing what to do. And there's no better feeling than helping a person out of that predicament. And I'm wearing a safety pin on the zipper of new sports bra.

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    if that's the worst trauma that young man has experienced to date, he has led quite a sheltered life.
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2015 HD Dyna Low

Quote Originally Posted by phendric View Post
    Yuuuuup! Done it twice in 2 years, with a bunch of kids. First move was 1600 miles; the second was *only* 1100. I want to take a break from moving for awhile...

Where are you moving to, Norty?
    Staying put for now. Sold my mom's house and have been emptying it out.

Luckily, the new owner wants quite a bit of her stuff. (The more she wants, the less I have to deal with.)

Where I am now, fits my criteria quite well. (I get to ride motorcycles pretty much any day.)

Just added up all the couches my mom and I have. 10!

Since I bought the place I'm in back in '98, my taxes are "somewhat" low. As compared to buying this place today, that is.

That, and I've got a little equity built up.

I get solicitations almost daily from real estate agents wanting to list my house. It's not a special house either.

Must be the location, location, location!

Phil, where do you hang your hat nowadays?
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

RiderCoach 5000 Posts!
    So this happened this past weekend (well, one vid per post... so 2 posts coming).

This is my son's gf's father.

RiderCoach 5000 Posts!
    My son...