Page 10369 of 10370 FirstFirst ... 9369986910269103191035910367103681036910370 LastLast
Results 103,681 to 103,690 of 103698

Thread: The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

  1. #103681
    RiderCoach 5000 Posts! NORTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,222

    Interior door (what knockers!)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

  2. #103682
    RiderCoach 5000 Posts! NORTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,222

    Fun w/flags!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

  3. #103683
    Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,850
    Interesting ride in and out my road today, the township turned it into a fresh plowed fire road. Should have taken the MV Agusta instead of the BMW :I it's way better for off-road.

  4. #103684
    Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,850
    Ya, got one last ride in today just before the snow.

  5. #103685
    Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,850

    Cool Studs R Fun





    I think I found the entrance to the bat cave

  6. #103686
    Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    8,850
    Warning!
    Discovered yesterday that it is very very important to put ice studs in ALL the knobs,
    whatever you do don't take any shortcuts like I did not worth it.

  7. #103687
    RiderCoach 5000 Posts! NORTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,222
    In Boise a couple weeks ago. I GOT TO EXPERIENCE FALLING SNOW!!!
    This has been a “bucket list” item for me for decades. I was only in it for a couple hours until I had to go to the airport. (Saw a crew “de-ice” the plane too, before we took off.)
    Looked like poop sprayed on the wings. Ugly brown stuff. Yuck!
    Anyway, I was at The Griddle in Boise having breakfast. I told my server this is a bucket list thing for me. She said let’s go outside and I’ll take a pic of you with the snow. Well, here you go!!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

  8. #103688
    RiderCoach 5000 Posts! NORTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,222
    Couple things I learned that event-

    1. Snow is much smaller than the “potato chip” size I envisioned.

    2. The size of the flakes can change dramatically, in the same hour. (Could be less, I dunno.)

    3. It was listed as “35F” but still snowing?

    4. Snow is just what I thought it would be. IT’S AWESOME!

    5. I bet I looked the fool when I was trying to catch a snow flake on my tongue. (Felt like a “cold speckle.)

    6. When driving in falling snow, the flakes fly “up & over the windscreen.” Never seen that before. My niece said at night “it looks like Star Wars.“ I can believe it.

    So, there’s my snowfall experience. Everyone was right, it was very quiet when falling and landing.
    I even made foot prints!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

  9. #103689
    RiderCoach 5000 Posts! NORTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    5,222
    Edit~

    The larger the snowflakes, the slower they fall.

    Also, you can look straight up and see them coming down! (Try that with rain!) Wearing glasses...

    That was cool!

    OAN-
    I was at Clark’s Cycles in Boise. Saw snow mobiles and dirtbike conversion kits for snow. Those snow machines are huge!
    The tracks must have 2.5” lugs on them.
    I met a customer from Temecula (recent transplant,) he rode his friend’s Husky. Now he wants a Husky to replace his CR250R.
    He was looking at a 300cc 2-stroke. I told him Calif is outlawing all 2-strokes 2021, so that market will dry up for us. He said,” That’s another reason why I left that 3rd World Country.”
    I had to agree with him as our libertys have have stripped of us...

    Anyway, I think I sold a Husky that day.
    (I showed him the prices for new Huskys where I live.) Since those models will become contraband next year, the prices have fallin by 40%.
    Getting a $10k bike for $6k is great, until you can’t ride it anymore...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

  10. #103690
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    In Boise a couple weeks ago. I GOT TO EXPERIENCE FALLING SNOW!!!
    This has been a “bucket list” item for me for decades. I was only in it for a couple hours until I had to go to the airport. (Saw a crew “de-ice” the plane too, before we took off.)
    Looked like poop sprayed on the wings. Ugly brown stuff. Yuck!
    Anyway, I was at The Griddle in Boise having breakfast. I told my server this is a bucket list thing for me. She said let’s go outside and I’ll take a pic of you with the snow. Well, here you go!!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Couple things I learned that event-

    1. Snow is much smaller than the “potato chip” size I envisioned.

    2. The size of the flakes can change dramatically, in the same hour. (Could be less, I dunno.)

    3. It was listed as “35F” but still snowing?

    4. Snow is just what I thought it would be. IT’S AWESOME!

    5. I bet I looked the fool when I was trying to catch a snow flake on my tongue. (Felt like a “cold speckle.)

    6. When driving in falling snow, the flakes fly “up & over the windscreen.” Never seen that before. My niece said at night “it looks like Star Wars.“ I can believe it.

    So, there’s my snowfall experience. Everyone was right, it was very quiet when falling and landing.
    I even made foot prints!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Edit~

    The larger the snowflakes, the slower they fall.

    Also, you can look straight up and see them coming down! (Try that with rain!) Wearing glasses...

    That was cool!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Further proof of why I gave you the nickname I did
    Suzie
    '13 KLX 110L - "Kermit"
    '04 NSR 50
    GWA Member

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •