Page 10332 of 10342 FirstFirst ... 933298321023210282103221033010331103321033310334 ... LastLast
Results 103,311 to 103,320 of 103417

Thread: The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! SoCal LabRat's Avatar
    I'm not a church-goer so I eased into the day by staying in bed until 7 am. Norty and I washed and waxed my car. Had no candy but I did have ice cream. All in all another successful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    Hey, at my age running hot and loss of spark is a common problem.
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800
    2015 HD Dyna Low

Well I haven't got a new motorcycle in forever ... so I test rode one yesterday. Trying to live a more spartan aesthetic non-material life I first turned down even looking at the bike ... but the guy brought the bike to a place near my son's and even insisted I test ride it ... on a trail in the dirt.

Man is that sucker TALL. 38" and I have a 29" inseam. O yeah I flat footed it ... not. I could barely tip tippy toe it, the guy must have weighed 250 so the preload was way up there. So the guy said "I haven't ridden it in a while but this trail goes about a half mile and ends in a parking lot where you can turn around ..."

I go over a hill ... and at the bottom is a huge trail wide mud puddle ... and there were about 7 hills with big muddy puddles at the bottom of each including a couple with drop your tire in holes ... as in tire drops in and you make like Superman over the bars ...

... and the trail ended in a huge swamp.

No I did not drop the man's bike ... but there were a few tense moments. And I returned it very muddy. But it was his dang trail. There is no way on hell I would have let a stranger ride my bike on a trail like that ...

Of course like anything else where you narrowly avert disaster ... I have decided it was fun.
    Last edited by OBX-RIDER; 04-18-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    The best thing you can buy for your motorcycle is gas.

Happy to hear that you didn't drop the guy's bike. Love your attitude about narrowly averting disaster.

Who needs a refill?
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Anyone ever heard of/been enrolled in www.advancedridertraing.com ?

Just chatted with a fellow HD rider that thought it was "awesome." (And he is from Tucson. Had his BRC 2 years ago.)

Also, if anyone wants to ride their own bike for free, while being instructed by motorcops, for a weekend, check out www.ridetolive.com

Did I mention it is free?
    Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.

Flirting With The Redline 1000 Posts! liberpolly's Avatar
    "The better you're prepared, the luckier you get".

Happy to announce that, after 2.5 weeks in the shop, Eyegore is back on the road, and the idle/stalling issue seems fixed. Even better? Cost of repair was way lower than expected.

For those who didn't know, I'd determined that this repair was the last $$ I was going to sink into the bike. They have a white '14 Wee on the lot, and if they couldn't fix mine, I was going to tell them to keep it and give me a really good deal on the Wee. That kind of broke my heart, because I *really* love Eyegore, and the thought of replacing him was a bit depressing. The bike is fun to ride and decent in traffic. Even the service manager, who test rode it numerous times after all the tweaks were made, said "I always forget how fun these bikes are. They're quick, nimble, and light." And he's right. Also? We had a slight cool front move through overnight, so the weather was so perfect this morning, I was seriously tempted to skip work and keep riding. <kicks rock> Stupid adult responsibilities.
    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor
    Undercover Task Force

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

I hear ya. Reeeeeaaaaallllly tough to take the exit to work when the sun's shining. Congrats on the good news. There is no old friend like a bike old friend.
    *****refills bar******
    Quote Originally Posted by bikebitsmall View Post
    64 is not old, we have one poster here at 110
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCrash View Post
    A body not rattling was a body unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
    I hear ya. Reeeeeaaaaallllly tough to take the exit to work when the sun's shining. Congrats on the good news. There is no old friend like a bike old friend.
    *****refills bar******
    I didn't even mind the construction traffic I hit getting to the office. Sure, it cut down on the "WHEEEE!" factor a bit, but it helped me test how the bike idles after it really warms up. I'm finding myself sitting at my desk itching to go home...just for the ride. It's probably going to be the last temperate day until late September.
    '02 Shadow Spirit 750 - The R-Honda TRADED IN
    '07 BMW F800 ST - Eyegor
    Undercover Task Force

"I own a Goldwing...when I get cold, I just turn on the autopilot and go downstairs and sit in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. The bike beeps to let me know when we're starting our final approach." -- shonuff

Anyone need a missle?

Or close support/security?