Page 10364 of 10364 FirstFirst ... 93649864102641031410354103621036310364
Results 103,631 to 103,638 of 103638

Thread: The Official BBO Bar - yep, we had to move again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
    Just finished my M2 Exit Course, which is the final step in Ontario’s graduated motorcycle license scheme.

This morning was the road test. They give you a walkie-talkie with an earbud inside your helmet and send you out to ride around while they follow in a van and give instructions.

Passed with only one error: the test criteria from the Ministry of Transportation want you to visibly turn your head to check for people or vehicles at each entrance to a business, and I failed to look at one Pizza Hut as I rode by.

Aside from that, they said I was very boring and they would have liked to see more mistakes so they would have something to do.
    Congrats !!
    That sounds like an interesting test. Never heard of having to check driveways like that before. While the check is undoubtedly a good thing to do, do you think having to visibly move your head is a good practice? Or is that just something you do for the test to show you are checking for danger?

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Cinder's Avatar
    Congratulations Matt!
    I didn't take the course for my final exit but just tested with the Ministry. They do the same thing with the radio/ear bud thing.
    Alba-
    The head turn thing is for the test only, my examiner told me the reason they want you to do that is since he can't see if my eyes are moving that I must turn my head to prove I am checking and aware of my surroundings.
    2005 Yamaha Majesty & 1987 Honda CBX250-Hers
    1989 Honda GB500, 1982 Yamaha RD350LC, 1984 Honda CX650E & 2002 Kawasaki W650-His
    2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing-Ours, 2-up

"Catnuts! Get A Thong On Your Chicken!"-Bugguts, March 2006...

Flirting With The Redline Mad Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    Congrats !!
    That sounds like an interesting test. Never heard of having to check driveways like that before. While the check is undoubtedly a good thing to do, do you think having to visibly move your head is a good practice? Or is that just something you do for the test to show you are checking for danger?
    Interesting question. For the test, they want to see your head turn to verify that you are actually paying attention to potential hazards. (No “yeah yeah, I totally saw that playground, I just didn’t turn my head”) But they stick a vertical stripe of green painter’s tape on the back of everyone’s helmet because otherwise from a few car lengths back it isn’t always easy to see a head movement unless it’s very pronounced, like a shoulder check.

If we all wore those neon Mohawks on our helmets, it might be a more useful signal.

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Was too busy listening to voices in my head and watching out for some crazy guy in a van following me!

Congrats Matt
    ... bugs are bad but the riding is great

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! Ninja Rebel's Avatar
    Hi !

How are you guys doin' ?

I am fine, still riding my 20 years old ZX-9R, and enjoying, so far a very nice summer.

You guys keep away from trouble hey ?

I will try to come more often, kinda miss the Forum here, but time is scarce...

You all take care !
    Renaud - '97 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R/B4

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

"I do have a peripatetic and active intellectual curiosity" - Guy Kawasaki

Did some nice riding today, weather is ideal, around 90°F, I am very please with the new "Continental Sport Attack" I've fitted.

Awesome tires !

"Good people hire people better than themselves. So A players hire A+ players. But others hire below their skills to make themselves look good. So B players hire C players. C players hire D players, etc."

Flirting With The Redline 8000 Posts! Trials's Avatar
    Life is good, riding is great working on bikes :I need new tires for the beemer, front pads are still on order for the F3, house is finished, flies are bad, need to build a dock, need a float service for the excavator, need to build a wood shed, daughter bought another Doberman, fishing is good, sailing is good.
    Bass and chips for supper

Bunch of guys are coming to ride on Tuesday ! Matt skip work, come ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Life is good, riding is great working on bikes :I need new tires for the beemer, front pads are still on order for the F3, house is finished, flies are bad, need to build a dock, need a float service for the excavator, need to build a wood shed, daughter bought another Doberman, fishing is good, sailing is good.
    Bass and chips for supper

Bunch of guys are coming to ride on Tuesday ! Matt skip work, come ride.
    Very happy for you man, life sounds cool.

We are still hitting the 90's here, and no rain on the horizon.

I got a tennis-elbow, so, don't work much riding, but I manage, the temptation is too...there...