Page 2 of 286 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The BBO Fit Club

My first goal is to drop 10% of my body weight (and there is no way I am telling you what THAT number is) I did hear an interesting quote at the meeting I was at last night.....
    it went something like "Nobody ever trips over a mountain, it is the pebbles that make you stumble" and they went on to ask what some of our "pebbles" were.
    '05 VStar 650 custom - 14,358 miles - my first
    '08 HD Street Bob - my current

M.I.T.G.C. member #28

Remember: Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs
    www.my2.tupperware.com/tdullnig

Yeah, I run the place 3000 Posts! Derick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post
    How old are you? Personal Q, I know.

If you're not gaining weight in the long run, then I would say you're rather successful. Most people are continually gaining weight.

Also, make sure you're not confusing muscle weight for water or fat weight. It's easy to over look, but your weight isn't the sole number of fitness.

HP
    I'm 27, and I've even gone as far as getting a personal trainer years ago, with very little yield. I also know the difference between muscle and fat, especially that muscle weighs significantly more than fat in the same volume - but I've had essentially the same body for like 7 years...which kinda sucks, but also is ok. I've come to accept the science experiment that I am...
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Quote Originally Posted by VSTARgal View Post
    My first goal is to drop 10% of my body weight (and there is no way I am telling you what THAT number is)
    That's all of what, about 15 pounds????
    Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
    '09 Kawi Versys

Quote Originally Posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
    First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
    Simple goal: Drop 15-20 pounds (permanently) by Christmas.

How: Serious exercise program started 8/1 (when our new YMCA opened up). Currently up to 40-60 minutes of cardio/day (5+ days/week) plus weights 2-3 times/week. Also have cut out a lot of empty calories (read beer) that used to be consumed regularly.

Results: None yet, but then again, I worked out for 4 days at the beginning of the month and then was gone for 1-1/2 weeks on bidness and vacation.....
    Try this out Smurf:

Intervals with cardio: Warm up for a few minutes. Go hard for x amount of time, go at a decent pace for 2x. Repeat. Good news is you can cut your cardio time down.

Weight training is great for males -- it boosts our metabolism, and you'll actually be burning calories when you're not working out.

Also remember it's about quality, and not quantity. You want 15 minutes of intense cardio over 30 minutes of perfunctory walking any day.

HP

Quote Originally Posted by VSTARgal View Post
    I did hear an interesting quote at the meeting I was at last night.....
    it went something like "Nobody ever trips over a mountain, it is the pebbles that make you stumble" and they went on to ask what some of our "pebbles" were.
    Wow! I like that quote. I'm writing it down. It's a good quote for any kind of improvement you're trying to do. Breaks down a problem into manageable bits rather than seeing it as some huge, overbearing, un-overcomeable monster. Like that quote a lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboogie2288 View Post
    I'm 27, and I've even gone as far as getting a personal trainer years ago, with very little yield. I also know the difference between muscle and fat, especially that muscle weighs significantly more than fat in the same volume - but I've had essentially the same body for like 7 years...which kinda sucks, but also is ok. I've come to accept the science experiment that I am...
    7 years with the same body... I'd say you're doing okay, since the trend is to expand.

What's your diet like?

HP

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Smurf View Post
    That's all of what, about 15 pounds????
    You are now my favorite person in the world!
    '05 VStar 650 custom - 14,358 miles - my first
    '08 HD Street Bob - my current

M.I.T.G.C. member #28

Remember: Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs
    www.my2.tupperware.com/tdullnig

Yeah, I run the place 3000 Posts! Derick's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post
    7 years with the same body... I'd say you're doing okay, since the trend is to expand.

What's your diet like?

HP
    Uhhh yeah...no comment.

Usually a bagel for breakfast during the week (nothing on weekends), some sort of fastish food for lunch (I'm horrible about that), and it really depends on dinner. Lately I've been cooking at home...so a chicken variety or some sort of pasta.
    Rain Rain Go Away,
    So I can ride another day.
    Remember when sex was safe, and motorcycles were dangerous?

Current Bikes:
    2006 Kawasaki Concours///COG#:11628
    2006 Honda Goldwing 1800///GWRRA#:398646

Cool!
    My workout buddy and I just signed up for a personal trainer. We have worked with him 3 times so far, its been a real pain in the abs, back, legs, arms.....
    I have been going to the gym on a mostly regular basis for almost 2 years now. I am 30 or so pounds lighter, I no longer smoke, I've had to buy new (smaller) clothes. I still have quite a ways to go, but I feel better now than I have in years.

This getting healthy thing is very cool.

Event: 2018 Deal@DealsGap
    When: Oct. 5 - 8
    Where: Tellico Plains, TN

I gotta work on getting back in general shape first Home....I used to be a runner (back before you were in kindergarten), so I know all about interval training, but I'm not ready for that intensity yet. Gotta teach my body to burn fat again, instead of going straight to the anaerobic level. I'm currently doing about 40 minutes at a brisk (3.5-3.7 MPH)pace on the treadmill (using the hill program) plus 20 minutes of work on the bike....
    Silver '07 Kawi Ninja 250R (sold)
    '09 Kawi Versys

Quote Originally Posted by Overcaffeinated View Post
    Oh, hell, Smurf's right.
    First Missouri, then Minnesota, now Michigan.....it is my goal in life to live in every state that starts with "M" before I die.....

Didn't vote??? Don't whine....

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" - Leonard Nimoy