Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Informative videos

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Nice job!

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar

PSA's

Okay, so I decided to post some PSA's, I know this is a little deviation from the instructional/informational posts, but I think it's nice to have these in one place either to pass along to a new rider, or to a non-rider. Some of these are for a rider's benefit (i.e. highlight importance of training), while some are for driver's benefit (i.e. be aware of motorcyclists).

For riders:

A PSA out of Washington
    Be alert. Be prepared.

Massachusetts MSF PSA
    Most rider's know their limits, plenty of them don't. Take a rider safety course.

For drivers:

AMA PSA
    Show people on two wheels the same courtesy and respect.

New York PSA
    Please watch for motorcycles!

Idaho PSA
    Look twice for motorcyclists.

PSA from England...
    Possibly NSFW: Contains nudity (it's censored though...)
    What do we have to do to get noticed?

California PSA: May is Motorcycle Awareness Month
    It's spring, birds are singing, the sun is shining & motorcycles are on the road once again.

PSA produced for the Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office
    Looking twice save lives. Safe drivers look for riders.

Start seeing motorcyclists!
    A funny PSA from the folks in Minnesota, don't cha know.

You didn't see me
    A message from bikers to cagers.

Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post
    I did a quick search and didn't find a thread on this stuff, so I'm starting one. I found some really good and informative videos on YouTube that I think would be great for anyone (especially beginners) to check out!

==

How do I get my bike on its centerstand?!
    This video shows you how to put your bike on its centerstand... of course, this is only helpful if your bike has a centerstand!
    This is a thread with lots of great info. I think I can add to it.

The above video is good for lighter weight bikes, but isn't the best for larger, heavier touring bikes like the GoldWing or K1200LT. A member of another forum I frequent wrenched his back attempting to get his LT on the stand pressing with his right foot. An ergononimcs engineer(I think) at the seating manufacturer he works for told him the twisting motion he had to use to move the beast was too much for his back. She told him to stand facing the rear of the bike and step on the lever with his left foot. Put all of his weight on that foot. Steady the bike with the left hand and lift (some) with the right.

I had all but given up on putting my LT on the centerstand except for maintenance. Set it over on the tipover wings once and had to pick it up. It ain't light. Using the precedure outlined above, it goes up on the centerstand everytime. Much less stressful on my nerves, back, and muscles.

One way to have an easier time with the centerstand would have been to have bought a 2005 or newer model LT. They have a hydro-electric centerstand. One push of a button and it's on the stand.
    Lee
    BRC June '06
    Easily the best $145 I've ever spent
    ERC Nov '07
    2000 BMW K1200LTC
    2004 Yamaha FZ6 - Sold 6-9-07

corvus corax
    IBA#22798
    AMA#681202
    MSF RiderCoach
    Lee Parks' Total Control Instructor

Great videos! Being a visual learner, these really help, especially in recalling things from BRC like T-CLOCS and FINE-C. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by jjfromdlh View Post
    Great videos! Being a visual learner, these really help, especially in recalling things from BRC like T-CLOCS and FINE-C. Thank you very much!
    You're welcome! That's why I started this in the first place.

HP

Contributor 1000 Posts! HappyPuppy's Avatar
    This is a site I like from the UK. It has a lot of info not found elsewhere on what to do after a crash etc. Look under riding skills and Tips. http://www.survivalskills.clara.net/assessments.htm

BUMP

There is some great vidoes here
    Star Riding & Touring Member
    Patriot Guard Member

RiderCoach 8000 Posts! WoodstockJeff's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundsgoldwing View Post
    BUMP

There is some great vidoes here
    Um, it's a "sticky" message, always at the top of the forum... no need to bump it!
    Jeff

"The future is so much easier to predict when you have a handle on how you arrived at now.... Works with traffic just as well as the rest of life. "

"Modern Liberalism: The embodiment of an irrational fear of letting other people run their own lives."

'13 XT250
    '10 ZG-1400 (operational again)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockJeff View Post
    Um, it's a "sticky" message, always at the top of the forum... no need to bump it!
    Yeah... but I think if someone posts to it, it does get to the top of the sitckies section...

HP