Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Informative videos

Lurking For The Next Bike 10,000 Posts! hqp921's Avatar

Lightbulb Informative videos

I did a quick search and didn't find a thread on this stuff, so I'm starting one. I found some really good and informative videos on YouTube that I think would be great for anyone (especially beginners) to check out!

==

So what will I learn at the MSF BRC?
    This video gives a really good overview of what to expect and what you'll do/learn at the MSF BRC.

Information on Helmet use!
    This video gives excellent information on helmets.

Cars, Motorcycle & a common road
    This is a video from the MSF BRC (you'll get to see more of these during the class room portion).

The MSF Guide to Group Riding
    Pretty straight forward, it's a video about group riding. And always remember: Ride your own ride.

How do I get my bike on its centerstand?!
    This video shows you how to put your bike on its centerstand... of course, this is only helpful if your bike has a centerstand!

Aww crap, I dropped my bike! Now what?!
    Hey, it happens to the best of us. Welcome to the club. Now here's how to pick that bike back up.

==

I hope these are helpful, and if you find any good informative videos for newbs (an experienced folks!) feel free to post it up.

If we can try to keep the format somewhat the same as I've started that be cool or if someone has a suggestion for a different format, I'm all ears. I just want to keep it easy/fun for people to find information. Maybe it can even become a sticky if enough people find this thread to be useful.

Flirting With The Redline 2000 Posts! blueglassman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hqp921 View Post
    I did a quick search and didn't find a thread on this stuff, so I'm starting one.

Yeah, dammit! Way to take initiative!

Really though, that's a great post. The admins should make it a sticky. what a great idea! hint hint.
    Last edited by blueglassman; 07-26-2007 at 07:10 AM.
    Triumph!!!!!

Great post,

+10 on initiative to put it all together!

I think a sticky is definitely deserved.
    Marilyn

Thanks Jeff and Marilyn.

I just figured that since we cater to those who are new, we should try to provide some good resources; and I think videos are a good way to provide information quickly.

I'm going to try and find more useful videos to beginners, things like, a video walk through of TCLOCS, etc. I don't want it to be just a random "videos" thread, I really do want it to be a collection of useful videos. Every now and then I get good ideas, lol.

Fellow BBO member, Archania, sent me a link to a good FINE-C video:

So how do I properly and safely start this thing anyway?
    FINE-C: Fuel, Ignition, Neutral, Engine Cut-off, Choke/Clutch. You'll learn this at the MSF BRC, or this can serve as a refresher!

The most important gear is that thing between your ears... use your brain
    From across the pond, THINK! Motorcycle Safety.

Where's all the how to wheelie and stoppie videos? Jk. I tried searching YouTube for a good push start video but couldn't find an informative one. That's something good to know for that one special day.

Hittin' The Twisties
    hqp921

great post!!!

Jim from Nj

You're not going to get very far without a battery
    Okay, you won't get far with out gas either... or a bike... but here's a great video about batteries: basic information, what to look for, how to charge it, install it, maintain it, etc. If you've got questions about your particular bike & battery, visit the Maintenance and Repair Forum.

How to prepare your bike for winter storage
    For some of the luckier folks, you'll never need to do this and you can just ride year round. Lucky you. Some of us need to prep our bikes for storage when the white stuff falls from the sky. If you've got a specific question, ask someone in our Maintenance and Repair Forum.

DIY Glove Wiper... well, it actually wipes faceshields...
    What?! Sure, you might never get caught in the rain, but it'll be handy if you have some way to wipe that faceshield clean (if you have a faceshield). They do sell gloves with with a built in solution... but here's a solution for those who are handy/crafty. Oh, don't forget to pick up a rain suit if you'll be riding in the rain.

==

*I found that buymoto.com posted a few good videos on YouTube, I have no vested interest in them other than posting these videos, which I think are informative to a new rider (as well as a refresher for experienced riders).*

Got you covered: Jackets.
    Jackets come in all varieties: mesh, textile, leather, perforated leather, and a mixture of the aforementioned. This video gives an overview of what to look for in a jacket (with a focus on the Teknic Violator Pro). Take what you can from this video, and buy a jacket that best suits your needs. If you've got a specific question, swing over to the Bike Gear, Accessories, and Add-Ons Forum.

Okay, what's the deal with boots?
    This is a good video regarding picking a boot. It has a focus on racing/street boot (specifically the Sidi Vertigo Corsa Air); but gives good information on what to look for in a boot as far as different features go. As with above, take from it what you can, and buy a boot that best suits your needs. If you've got a specific question, swing over to the Bike Gear, Accessories, and Add-Ons Forum.

Motorcycle hand signals
    Whoa there tiger, we're not talking the one finger salute. Here's a look at a few universal motorcycle hand signals.

A little more advanced viewing:
    When should I change my tires?
    Your tires are the only things connecting your motorcycle to the road (well, your boots too, when you're stopped - see the video above regarding boots), they should be in good condition! You should get to know them.

How do I remove my rear wheel?
    Need to remove that rear wheel for whatever reason? Check out this video.

Wait... I removed my rear wheel... now what?
    Well, put it back on! Try this.

What about the front wheel?
    I'm glad you asked. Here's how to get that front wheel off.

While thinking about the wheel videos above, if you've got a question, try asking in the Maintenence and Repair Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedracerx7 View Post
    Where's all the how to wheelie and stoppie videos? Jk. I tried searching YouTube for a good push start video but couldn't find an informative one. That's something good to know for that one special day.
    I'm responding to Speedracerx7, but this goes for everyone on BBO: If you find a good video, feel free to post it up. I would appreciate it if people kept the video posts similar to what I've started:

[Bold heading]
    [Description and link to video]

Or if you don't want to deal with formatting and writing, feel free to PM me the links. I will give you credit for finding the video. No ego here, I just want to provide information to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1684 View Post
    hqp921

great post!!!

Jim from Nj
    Thanks Jim!

BBO Communications Liaison 5000 Posts! RockyMtnRoadRash's Avatar
    Stick E!!!!!! to the infinity.
    -RMRR
    "This guarantee does not cover sharkbite, bear attack, or children under 5." - Pelican case lifetime guarantee

It's vitally important to know the correct name for all parts of a vehicle so that you can curse them accurately when they break.

Давай детка, будь моей обезьянкой