Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: honda aero 750 vs suzuki boulevard 800

lisamc

honda aero 750 vs suzuki boulevard 800

I am looking to upgrade my bike, I have been riding for the last three years a 535 yamaha virgo. I love my bike but I am looking for a bit more of a kick and I am not sure which one would be a better bike. I am wanting to know what people think of the honda aero 750cc vs suzuki boulevard 800cc.

Also, can someone let me know how to post on the women's forum? Thanks for everyone time.

Hi lisamc-

Have you ridden them both?

DO NOT buy before you ride, not with three years experience on the Virago 535.

My first MC was a Virago 535- after just a few months, I went to an Aero 750. Although many here love the bike, I hated it-

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bike- the handling, particularly cornering, was way different. I just couldn't get used to it. Downgraded to a Honda Shadow VLX and was immediately way more comfortable-

I think that slightly raked front end and skinny front tire make a world of difference in handling- not 'better' than another, but 'different'.

For the Ladies Corner, PM me or a mod- we'll give you the password- can't put it out here!

Flirting With The Redline 4000 Posts! Logan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by x_cuesme View Post
    Hi lisamc-

For the Ladies Corner, PM me or a mod- we'll give you the password- can't put it out here!

Is it OPRAH?
    2004 Moto Guzzi California EV Touring,
    2001 BMW F650GSa,

Past Rides: 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000, 1974 Honda CB450, 1966 Yamaha 305, 1971 Honda CL100

Is it OPRAH?
    Dang! Why didn't we think of that!

Flirting With The Redline 10,000 Posts! Shadow Shack's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Which Boulevard 800? The C-50 (Volusia), M-50 (Marauder made out of a Volusia, same bike/different tin), or the S-50 (Intruder)?
    Sent from your mom's phone
    Ride Safe, Chop Safer "Unofficial Beginner Bike Chop Shop"
    Motorcycles are not unsafe. However, they are extremely unforgiving of inattention, incompetence, ignorance, and stupidity.

http://www.beginnerbikers.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11&dateline=117347893  4
    3500cc worth of Honda: http://shadow-shack.20m.com

Support your FLIBS (Friendly Local Independent Bike Shop)
    They're far more valuable than you realize...

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Which Boulevard 800? The C-50 (Volusia), M-50 (Marauder made out of a Volusia, same bike/different tin), or the S-50 (Intruder)?
    That was what I'd ask.

I can't speak to the Aero, never rode one.

Of the Boulevards, I'd think the S-50/Intruder would be the smoothest transition from the Virago. More kick, but still with a narrow and light feel.

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

Senior Moderator We've stopped counting... subvetSSN606's Avatar
    PS For access to the ladies forum, click on "Support" at the top of the page, then "Send New Ticket" on the left. (should be self-explanatory from there)

Tom
    In the end, regrets rarely come from things done, but from things not even tried.

I ride an 800 cc Suzuki Marauder, which is now called the M50. I really like the bike, it handles well, has good power, and looks good too. My wife does not like the bike. She thinks it is front heavy and doesn't like the cast wheels (she thinks a bike should have spokes). I have no experience on the 750 Honda. I have ridden several larger Hondas, but that is not a fair comparison. Test ride as many bikes as you can. Go slow in a parking lot and see if you can handle it at slow speeds.
    SJordan
    2007 Yamaha Roadstar Warrior; the "Thundercat"
    2000 Suzuki Marauder; the "Noisy Cricket": sold
    1981 Kawasaki 550 LTD: sold

RiderCoach 10,000 Posts! NoCo Gal's Avatar
    +1 to what everybody said.

I moved from a Yamaha Virago 250 to the Honda Shadow Aero. It did feel heavier but I took it slowly and so far have about 18k miles on it. Dropped it one time when I had the forks turned all the way and squeezed the front brake at walking speed. Any bike you do that to will throw itself to the ground.

X_cuesme never did feel comfy on hers, just always felt heavy and laden to her. The skinny front tire of the VLX definitely feels lighter and more flickable, much more like the 535.

Try them both out and see what you think. I think the Aero compares in feel to the Boulevard C50 (Volusia) and the Yamaha V-star 650 Classic. If you prefer the feel of the Boulevard S50, then try out the Honda Spirit and the V-star 650 Custom.

Sit them all and see what you think!
    ~Teri
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCruiser
    I don’t want to beat any record, I want to soak up the world which becomes more clear at lower speeds...Besides, you can’t buy adventure, you can only experience it – “Ride Your Own Biography”. From Triumphratnet
    2013 Triumph Tiger 800

Contributor 10,000 Posts! Cindy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subvetSSN606 View Post
    Of the Boulevards, I'd think the S-50/Intruder would be the smoothest transition from the Virago. More kick, but still with a narrow and light feel.
    I agree. I went from a Virago 250 to the Intruder 800 and the transition was a piece of cake. The Intruder has a narrow tank which is great for the vertically challenged and it is pretty darned fast for an 800. I put almost 25,000 mi on mine in less than a year so I can vouch that this is an excellent bike.
    2007 BMW F650GS
    2006 Vespa LX150
    2003 BMW R1200C Montana *sold*

Over 100,000 miles since 8/02

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -Helen Keller