PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors!!!

LoDownSinner
09-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Good neighbors are essential to the motorcyclist. They have to be tolerant of noise and behaviour that is just slightly outside of the norm.

The house across the street from mine used to be owned by a biker's dream neighbor. he was a long-time Harley rider and usually worked at least part-time at one of the local dealerships. He was always getting me parts and discounts and all kinds of cool stuff. Plus his son would come over and we'd play video games and computer games.

But, all good things must come to an end. He sold his house and moved a block closer to the river.

The new neighbor is a nice guy. I guess.

I watched him come home from work every day with his fancy BMW, wearing his fancy suit, and kind of longed for my old Harley riding buddy to still be living there.

Well, tonight he did it.

I don't think I can stand it anymore.

I'm sitting here, minding my business, eating some ice cream when out of nowhere, there's a knock at the door.

It's my neighbor.

He wants to 'talk' to me.

About motorcycles.

Oh great.

I realize that it was a little late the other night when I did the test run on the race bike after working on it, but I didn't think I got on the throttle hard enough to be that offensive.

Well. We agreed to make arrangements to, uh, come to an agreement. Specifically about dirt bikes.

Just what I needed.

Those of you who've been arond for awhile may remember that I've been putzing arond trying to run Hare Scrambles on my vintage Yamaha YZ400 two-stroke. And, that i've been getting my behind handed to me by orange bikes (KTMs). And, well, that the Mighty YZ, being nearly as loud as a freight train or a taxiing jetliner, is a bit long in the tooth and not reliable enough to run a two-hour woods race without breaking down.

Well, my neighbor (let's just call him B.) is trying to see that I put an end to late night tuning sessions on the Mighty YZ prior to going out and Scrambling Hares on the boring winter weekends.

Right now, in my garage, nestled amongst a veritable plethora of steel horseflesh...

sits...

B's KTM 400 that he's offering to sell me at about 1/4 of what it's worth. He was like, "Hang on to it for a couple of weeks, ride it around, play with it and if you want it, that's cool."

You see, his fancy BMW is a GS and his fancy suit is a 'stitch. :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :-D

Cinder
09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
:lol2: Ya had me there! What a great neighbour!

Karl_L
09-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Do you have some kind of homeowner's association that says you have to ride in order to buy into the neighborhood?

Make sure you get pictures when he runs you down in your backyard!

subvetSSN606
09-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Sounds like your old neighbor was looking out for you when he selected his home buyer. ;)

Tom

felix21685
09-19-2006, 12:49 AM
haha nice way to hide his gs till the end..

cool neighbor..but come one test runs at late hours..a must have..
gotta do it :)

SoCal LabRat
09-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Ha! you got me...nicely woven LDS. :)

Cindy
09-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Double post.

Cindy
09-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Haha, you had me going there. I am reading and thinking oh man, oh no, what a shame. The stuffy, uptight neighbor turned out to be pretty cool. You must be doing somenthing right to have the KTM just fall into your lap...literally.

jenniferb
09-19-2006, 07:00 AM
You tell a story very well LDS! Sounds like a perfect neighbor to me.

TJay
09-19-2006, 07:03 AM
That's not nice! I'm getting all ticked off for you for nothing!! LOL

That's a great neighbor!

Missy B
09-19-2006, 08:33 AM
*laughs and shakes head*

Got me again.

Great story...and neighbor.

LoDownSinner
09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Make sure you get pictures when he runs you down in your backyard!
It's a KTM. Even I can approximate fast on one of those...

Catt42
09-19-2006, 08:48 AM
With neighbors like this we are going to need more garage space. Well actually it evens it out the neighbor next door bought one out of the stable, after it lived at his house for a year.

mechdziner714
09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I still have some space in my garage for your steel horse overflow. Matter of fact that KTM would be really welcome. If you not interested in buying it I may be. I'm envious my neighbors all stare at me in disdain as I ride by, but thats their problem.

Stephen