PDA

View Full Version : Perservance Rewarded!

x_cuesme
02-28-2005, 09:57 PM
One beautiful lady and a beautiful scoot! I think they're both smiling! :razz:

MarcS
02-28-2005, 10:08 PM
That your daughter?

Jan
02-28-2005, 10:28 PM
No Mark,

It is me, Vino Jan and I'm 68 years old so I CAN NOT BE Nancy's daughter. I think Nancy could be My daughter... She put this up because I didn't know how to put a picture up, and due to all the communication that was going on with me about my experience in MSF, wanted all my supporters to see that I had persued the situation and now out riding and loving it...

Thanks Nancy,
Vino Jan

Missy B
02-28-2005, 11:10 PM
:woot:

YAHOO!!! Great job, Jan!

x_cuesme
03-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Sorry for the mix-up- I'm very tired after 'the test' this morning and it didn't cross my mind that you all know my daughter rides a Vino and it might confuse some, or I'd have put Jan's name in the title! The caption doesn't show as well as I hoped it would on the picture!

Also--- I should go back and edit- I can't spell or type tonight!

That is supposed to say PERSEVERANCE ...and I still don't know if I spelled it right...

You're welcome, Jan- I'm thrilled you sent me the photo so I had a chance to share it with everyone here--

Nancy

BTW- Jan, the test was for work- a computer certification deal- Thankfully, it's over now!

Jan
03-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Hey Nancy, don't worry about spelling. I make mistakes also. And anyway, it is what we are here to share with each other that is important. Some people spell like crazy others ride like crazy...:) :)

Vino, Jan

tomato
03-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Jan, beautiful scoot! If I was there with you, I'd be giving you a big hug! We are very proud of you!

Mer
03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Awesome pic Jan! So glad to see a pic of you on your scoot!! GREAT JOB!!

MaxiScoot
03-01-2005, 02:18 PM
:woot: :thumbsup: Way to go, Jan!

I'm so glad things are working out for you, and that you're riding. You look great on your Vino. And it's red, my favorite scoot color!

Keep on Scootin'!

Nancy, glad to read you passed your test! Congrats! :thumbsup:

Oldbamaboy
03-03-2005, 03:45 AM
Clap.ClapClapClapClap. Thunderous applause and big hugs too. We're all so proud of you Jan. You're an inspiration to us all to keeping trying.

Thanks for posting the photo Nancy. Hey, I enjoyed your Reflex review too. Sounds like you're really enjoying it.

You scooter girls rock.

Lou

SabreScott
03-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Congratulations Jan,
You look great on that red scoot. Glad you're finally enjoying it. I know it's hard. Karen and I are both two timers when it came to MSF. Just shows to go you!
Ride baby, ride!

Sparky
03-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear and see we have a new Vinoista in the ranks. I recall reading your troubles earlier this year. I haven't been around as much--took a break from scooter-talk--so I missed your announcement. Let me offer a belated congrats.

Jan
03-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. Well, now that I'm out there on the street, I must say it is a bit SCARY!!!!!!!!! I know that everyone has been through this part and you just have to keep going out to build your confidence.

I have been over the MSF training area just to see what is going on over there before I take another crack at it. Interesting what you can see when your not in the class.:) :) :) :)

Later,
Vino Jan

Sparky
03-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Jan, being a bit scared is healthy. The danger point for any new rider is when they *stop* being scared. At this point confidence makes a leap...that may not always be warranted. My own riding history points to that little problem. That's why every so often during a ride I ask myself a brief "what am I doing wrong/neglecting" to sharpen focus.

Sparky

Jan
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
THANKS FOR THE TIP SPARKY!!!!!!! :)
Vino
Jan

Oldbamaboy
03-10-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey Jan. Glad everything is still going well. Keep us posted.

Sparky, welcome back. You've been missed.

Lou